Following the announcement of a North American release last month (alongside its pre-orders), Sega has now officially announced the full list of games fans can expect to play in the upcoming Sega Genesis Mini 2 console. The “new” console will come packed with 60 games total at its launch, 53 of which are classic Sega games that have been released in the past, and seven which are either new ports of games or entirely unreleased titles.
RELATED: Yakuza 8 Video Shows Ichiban’s New Look, Adds MMA Star to Game
One of these unreleased games is Devi & Pii, a paddle-style game developed by Takashi Iizuka in 1993 before he would go on to make Sonic 3 and Space Harrier II (+Space Harrier), a port of the original game that had updated sprites. The rest of the bonus games and their descriptions are at the bottom of the article.
Alongside some classic titles from Sega Genesis, the list also includes a variety of Sega CD games, as the console release marks the first time that the Sega CD library will be playable on Genesis Mini hardware.
RELATED: Sonic Origins Developer Laments Rushed Development, Launch Bugs
The full list of games found on the Sega Genesis Mini 2 can be found below:
- After Burner II
- Alien Soldier
- Atomic Runner
- Bonanza Bros.
- Crusader of Centy
- Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf
- Earthworm Jim 2
- Elemental Master
- Fatal Fury 2
- Gain Ground
- Golden Axe II
- Herzog Zwei
- Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar
- Midnight Resistance
- Phantasy Star II
- RAINBOW ISLANDS -EXTRA-
- ROLLING THUNDER 2
- Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
- Shining Force II
- Shining in the Darkness
- Sonic 3D Blast
- SPLATTERHOUSE 2
- Streets of Rage 3
- Super Hang-On
- SUPER STREET FIGHTER II THE NEW CHALLENGERS
- The Ooze
- The Revenge of Shinobi
- ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
- VectorMan 2
- Virtua Racing
- Ecco the Dolphin (CD Ver.)
- Ecco: The Tides of Time (CD Ver.)
- Final Fight CD
- Mansion of Hidden Souls
- NIGHT STRIKER
- Night Trap
- Robo Aleste
- Sewer Shark
- Shining Force CD
- Sonic The Hedgehog CD
- THE NINJAWARRIORS
- Devi & Pii: Paddle-style game developed by Takashi Iizuka in 1993, before he developed Sonic 3. Iizuka san designed the game, characters, and sprites. The game never released.
- Fantasy Zone: New port from the same team who ported Darius for the original Genesis Mini.
- Space Harrier II (+Space Harrier):- New ports using the sprite zoom function.
- Spatter: M2 “hobby” port of a small arcade game released by Sega in 1984. The game was created by the graphic designer of Flicky.
- Star Mobile: Puzzle game developed by Mindware in 1992; it was completed at the time, but never released.
- Super Locomotive: M2 “hobby” port of a small arcade game released by Sega in 1982.
- VS Puyo Puyo Sun: “Demake” of Puyo Puyo Sun, only featuring VS mode, with new rules not found in the original version.