Fantastic Fest kicks off soon and ShockTillYouDrop.com will be heading to Austin, Texas to cover the event for you, dear reader.
There’s a whole lot of good stuff playing this year. Today, the programmers released the final wave of films that will be playing. Head inside for a look!
Ticket info and other details can be found at this website.
Stay tuned for coverage as the fest kicks off on September 19th!
- ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE (USA, 2006)Special ScreeningDirector – Jonathon Levine, 98 min All the boys love Mandy Lane and all the girls want to be her. There’s at least one person, though, that wants Mandy and her friends dead.
- CHANTHALY (Lao People’s Democratic Republic, 2013)North American Premiere Director – Mattie Do, 98 min A sickly young woman experiences visions of her dead mother. Is the apparition simply a side effect of her daily medication, or her mother actually reaching out to her from beyond the grave?
- CONFESSION OF MURDER (Korea, 2012)U.S. PremiereDirector – Jeong Byeong-Gil, 119 min After the statute of limitations expires on a series of high profile murders, a man writes a book claiming to be the killer, setting off a firestorm of media attention as the families of the dead and the cop in charge of the case hunt for justice.
- DETECTIVE DOWNS (Norway, 2013)World PremiereDirector – Bård Breien, 90 min What makes Robert a unique P.I. isn’t that he has Down Syndrome; it’s that he uses empathy to solve his cases. And empathy will come in handy as he investigates a complicated, conspiracy-laden disappearance.
- THE DIRTIES (Canada, 2013)Regional PremiereDirector – Matt Johnson, 83 min A pair of cinema-obsessed high school geeks are caught up in an escalating cycle of violence when the lines between fantasy and reality begin to blur.
- ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW (USA, 2013)Regional PremiereDirector – Randall Moore, 90 min A family vacation at the happiest place on Earth devolves into a hellish nightmare.
- THE FAKE (South Korea, 2013)U.S. PremiereDirector – Sang-ho Yeon, 101 min Yeun Sang-ho’s follow-up to THE KING OF PIGS tells the story of a brutal scumbag who tries to expose a religious fraud.
- FATAL (South Korea, 2013)Texas PremiereDirector – Lee Don-ku, 103 min A Korean teen’s desire to overcome a horrible crime committed as a youth turns into violence in Lee Dong-ku’s passionate and moving debut.
- GATCHAMAN (Japan, 2013)U.S. PremiereDirector – Touya Sato, 113 min The classic anime series – known variously as BATTLE OF THE PLANETS and G-FORCE – explodes on the big screen with its first live action adaptation.
- GREATFUL DEAD (Japan, 2013)World PremiereDirector – Eiji Uchida, 97 min A young female peeping tom develops a fatal attraction to a virile old man.
- JODOROWSKY’S DUNE (USA, 2013)Texas PremiereDirector – Frank Pavich, 88 min This is the story of the greatest film never made: Alejandro Jodorowsky’s adaptation of Frank Herbert’s DUNE.
- JOURNEY TO THE WEST: CONQUERING THE DEMONS (China, 2013)North American PremiereDirectors – Stephen Chow & Chi-kin Kwok 110 minOne of the undisputed Chinese masters of comedy, Stephen Chow (SHAOLIN SOCCER; KUNG FU HUSTLE) returns with an action-packed love story about competing demon hunters vying for the same conquests.
- LOVE ETERNAL (Ireland, 2013)U.S. Premiere Director – Brendan Muldowney, 94 min When a young shut-in is forced back out into the real world following the death of his mother, he discovers he can find peace and love only amongst the dead.
- METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER 3D (USA, 2013)Regional PremiereDirector – Nimród Antal, 92 minDirector Nimrod Antal creates a groundbreaking 3-D motion picture event, combing a bold narrative and spectacular live-performance footage of one of the most influential rock bands in history. MISS ZOMBIE (Japan, 2013)North American PremiereDirector – Hiroaki Tanaka, 85 minCult director Sabu returns with his first original story in a decade! When a family has a zombie unexpectedly delivered to their house, they decide to keep her as a domestic servant.
- MOEBIUS (South Korea, 2013)U.S. PremiereDirector – Kim Ki-duk, 89 minA transgressive taboo-shattering psychodrama from Korean auteur Kim Ki-Duk.
- MONSOON SHOOTOUT (India, 2013)North American PremiereDirector – Amit Kumar, 88 minWhen a rookie cop corners a suspected murderer, he must make a choice with far-reaching effects in this violent Indian thriller.
- NINJA II: SHADOW OF A TEAR (USA, 2013)World PremiereDirector – Isaac Florentine, 95 minScott Adkins returns as Casey Bowman, a Ninjitsu master out to avenge the death of his wife in director Isaac Florentine’s follow-up to his 2009 film NINJA.
- RAGNAROK (Norway, 2013)World PremiereDirector – Mikkel Brænne Sandemose, 100 minThe ancient and modern worlds collide in this rousing Norwegian action adventure.
- RIGOR MORTIS (Hong Kong, 2013)U.S. PremiereDirector – Juno Mak, 105 min A former movie star gets a battle he didn’t bargain for when he moves into a haunted public housing tenement inhabited by various degrees of the undead.
- THE STRANGE COLOR OF YOUR BODY’S TEARS (France, Belgium, 2013)U.S. Premiere Directors – Bruno Forzani & Hélène Cattet A man finds violence and sex at every turn as he searches his apartment building for his missing wife in this stylish mystery from the directors of AMER.
- WE ARE WHAT WE ARE (USA, 2013)Texas PremiereDirector – Jim Mickle, 105 min Director Jim Mickle paints a gripping portrait of an introverted family struggling to keep their macabre traditions alive.
- WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE (USA, 2013)U.S. PremiereDirector – Simon Hawkins & Zeke Hawkins, 91 min Three fun-seeking teenagers end up on the VERY wrong side of a bloodthirsty crew of rural crimelords.
- WOLF (The Netherlands, 2013)U.S. PremiereDirector – Jim Taihuttu, 120 min Freshly released on parole and hailing from an immigrant family, Majid’s only real assets are his fists. He’s inexorably drawn into the worlds of competitive fighting and organized crime in this gritty crime thriller.
- THE ZERO THEOREM (United Kingdom, 2013)North American Premiere Director – Terry Gilliam, 107 minAn eccentric and reclusive computer genius plagued with existential angst works on a mysterious project aimed at discovering the purpose of existence – or the lack thereof – once and for all. However, it is only once he experiences the power of love and desire that he is able to understand his very reason for being.
Stay up to date with the latest horror news by “liking” Shock Till You Drop’s Facebook page and following us on Twitter!