SEGA released a brand new trailer for the upcoming Sonic Colors: Ultimate on Thursday, showcasing some of the many changes headed to the upgrade of the 2010 platformer.
The trailer aims to showcase some of the changes players can expect to find when the game launches later this year, including 60 FPS support, re-vamped lighting, improved graphics, and 4K resolution support. In addition to the boosted visuals, Sonic Colors: Ultimate will also feature some brand new modes, including the “Rival Rush” mode that lets players go head-to-head with Metal Sonic to unlock rewards to use in the game.
You can check out the new trailer for Sonic Colors: Ultimate below:
A full list of the changes coming to the game, courtesy of SEGA, include:
- HD Updates – New high-definition updates and improvements, including 60 FPS, re-vamped lighting, improved graphics and 4K resolution
- New Mode “Rival Rush” – Go head-to-head with Metal Sonic to unlock rewards
- Park Tokens & Customization – Head to the store and use park tokens to unlock unique boosts, auras, shoes and gloves for Sonic
- Jade Ghost – Transform Sonic, fly around and pass through solid objects to reach hidden areas
- Customizable Controls – Customize your controls to find a layout that suits your play style
- Tails Save – Find a tails save and be taken back to safety if you need to be rescued
- 100 Count Ring – Collect a 100 Count Ring to gain temporary invincibility and boost your score after each level
- Music – Fully remixed soundtrack to set the pace while you put an end to Dr. Eggman’s evil plan
Sonic Colors: Ultimate is set to release both digitally and physically on September 7, 2021, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One Consoles, and Nintendo Switch, with a digital-only release on PC via the Epic Games Store. Preorders for the game are live now, with the game set to retail for $39.99.