Previewing six upcoming indie features
With no working cell phones, no weapons and no way off the island, they must fight to survive as the Butcher picks them off one by one.
Directed by Charles Stewart Jr. with co-writer Sheila Brothers from a script by Roxanne Marchand with Brothers, you can see a teaser trailer to Butchered below:
– From Evil Distillery comes Broken Springs, a story of three teenage boys who have their world turned upside down by tainted moonshine. They must rescue their loved ones and battle a marauding horde of zombies while fighting their way out of town.
The indie feature was written and directed by Neeley Lawson. Check out the teaser trailer below:
– Looking for some crazy indie German horror? Well look no further then La Petite Mort. Synopsis: They are no more than 10 hours away from summer, sun and beaches. Simon (Andreas Pape), his blind girlfriend Nina (Ines Zahmoul) and vivid and funloving Dodo (Anna Haebeck) are on their way to Mallorca. Having to change planes in Frankfurt gives them enough time for a sighseeing tour through the city. After being robbed by a stranger (Martin Hentschel) they coincidentally end up in the “Maison de la petit mort” a place where sick and twisted games of a perverted high society take place. Lady Boss Madame Fabienne (Manoush) and her psychopath “daughters” Dominique (Annika Strauss) and Angelique (Magdalena Kalley) run the club where brutal torture, thrill kill murders and the deranged fantasies of incurably sick minds are daily business. Will there be any change for an escape…?!
– Below you’ll find four character sheets from Greg Lamberson’s upcoming Slime City Massacre, a sequel to his 1988 cult classic feature Slime City. The posters feature Jennifer Bihl as Alexa (Pink) — Kealan Patrick Burke as Cory (Green) — Debbie Rochon as Alice (Orange) — Lee Perkins as Mason (Blue).
Nicholas John Morgan Anderson designed the character sheets with the SCM logo being designed by Eric Mache. Slime City Massacre is currently working it’s way through post and a premiere in February of 2010 is scheduled. (Photos courtesy of Lee Perkins)
– Mobile, Alabama based independent filmmaking group Fighting Owl Films is set to produce an independent feature The Night Shift, based on the short film of the same name. A supernatural adventure-comedy, The Night Shift centers on Rue Morgan, the undead night watchman at Pinewood Oaks Cemetery. Rue, along with his buddy Herb, a limbless corpse, spends his nights trying to keep the cemetery’s cantankerous residents in, and his days dreaming of a date with hard-nosed day-shifter, Claire. It’s an okay afterlife until a scourge of supernatural occurrences leave Rue not only watching the cemetery, but also watching his back!
Returning from the short to reprise their roles of Rue Morgan, Claire Rennfield and Herbie West are Khristian Fulmer, Erin Lilley and Soren Odom, respectively. New additions to the cast include Andrew Crider as Adramalech, the villainous vengence demon with an affinity for western wear, Jordan Woodall as Curly and Jonathan Pruitt as the mysterious Captain Roderick Blake. The film, currently in pre-production, is expected to begin shooting in May 2010.
Check out the official Fighting Owl Films website right here.
– Pittsburgh based Fort Street Entertainment has announced their upcoming revenge/horror opus, Revenge Is Her Middle Name, the new indie film by New Zealander Anthony Matthews. Cult horror author Joe Knetter took an early peek at the script and had this to say, “Having read Anthony’s script I can without a doubt say he is going to be making one fucked up ballsy film. Top notch exploitation at it’s finest. I can’t wait to see it.” Details on how you can help be a part of the production and earn a credit can be found at the official website here. The synopsis and teaser trailer are below.
Synopsis: “Kat (Lissa Brennan), a drug addicted prostitute, has hit rock bottom. In a desperate attempt to turn her life around, she plans a reckless heist that she hopes will score the money she needs to leave her street life behind. When things spiral out of control, she is confronted by a drug dealing pimp known as Mutton Chop (Douglas Bell). Hellbent on vengeance, the sadistic pimp orders a brutal attack on Kat Now all she wants is revenge And it is her turn to collect!”