The world of Fullmetal Alchemist is growing, as two new live-action films based on the legendary series have been announced.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Avenger Scar will open on May 20, 2022, and feature a storyline that sees protagonist Edward Elric face off against Scar. The second film, Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Last Transmutation, will open on June 24, 2022, and will depict the final battle from the Fullmetal Alchemist series.
Check out a trailer featuring footage from both Fullmetal Alchemist live-action films below:
Both films will see the return of the cast from the very first live-action film based on the series, including Ryōsuke Yamada as Edward Elric, Atomu Mizuishi as Alphonse Elric (voice and motion capture), Tsubasa Honda as Roy Mustang, Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye, Kanata Hongou as Envy, Ryuta Sato as Maes Hughes, and Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony. New cast members for the film include:
- Mackenyu Arata as Scar
- Yuina Kuroshima as Lan Fan
- Keisuke Watanabe as Ling Yao
- Yuki Yamada as Solf J. Kimblee
- Hiroshi Tachi as King Bradley
- Kōji Yamamoto as Alex Louis Armstrong
- Chiaki Kuriyama as Olivier Mira Armstrong
- Seiyō Uchino as Van Hohenheim
- Yukie Nakama as Trisha Elric
- Jun Fubuki as Pinako Rockbell
- Naohito Fujiki as Yuriy Rockbell
- Kaoru Okunuki as Sarah Rockbell
- Kokoro Terada as Selim Bradley
- Long Meng Rou as May Chang
- Haruhi Ryо̄ga as Izumi Curtis
The films come amidst a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the original Fullmetal Alchemist manga, which occurred last year on July 12. The first live-action film based on the hit manga series opened in October 2017 and told the complete story of the manga.