In a piece teasing the return of The CW series, TVLine brings word directly on a number of interesting things from “Arrow” Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim, including (Spoilers Ahead!):
- In the wake of Oliver Queen’s death, the fallout in Starling City from his absence “makes it necessary” for Laurel to don The Canary costume.
- Characters that don’t normally interact will share quite a bit of screen time, including the unlikely pair of Thea and Felicity. “Felicity will have some pretty big moments with Laurel as well,” Guggenheim teased.
- David Ramsey’s John Diggle will get “emotional,” with the actor revealing that elements of the H.I.V.E. storyline (the group that hired Deadshot to kill his brother) will pop back up.
- Speaking of Deadshot, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg confirmed the return of the Suicide Squad in a future episode.
- Other characters set to return include Caity Lotz as Sara and Peter Stormare as Count Vertigo in episode 13 and Slade Wilson in episode 14.
Guggenheim also described the first three episodes after the mid-season finale, where Oliver Queen may or may not have died, “Among the best we’ve ever done. They’re incredibly compelling.”
“Arrow” episode 3.10, titled “Left Behind,” will air on Wednesday, January 21, 2015.