As part of AMC’s “11 Weeks of Reveals Until Season 11” of The Walking Dead, four new teasers have been released along with eight new character photos (available in the gallery below) and descriptions, detailing what’s ahead in the final season for Daryl, Carol, Eugene, Ezekiel, Jerry, Yumiko, Judith, and Princess. The Walking Dead will return on Sunday, August 22 at 9 p.m. ET.
Read the final season character descriptions below:
- A man of few words, Daryl (Norman Reedus) is forthright, weary, guarded, and most of all, strategic. His nomadic nature allows him to navigate the familiar and unfamiliar. The divide with Carol is an issue they must address, but food and supplies take precedence. A word to the wise – never mess with his dog.
- Carol (Melissa McBride) is steadfast in her priorities to help rebuild Alexandria and keep all within its walls protected and fed, but others see the means to survival differently. The strain between her and Daryl is on her mind as she continues to operate independently. She will always go to greater lengths to protect herself, her family, and her community.
- A risk-taker in his own unique way, Eugene (Josh McDermitt) carries a great amount of guilt. He is aware of the consequences of every decision he has ever made, or will make in the future. In this constant emotional state, is his mind capable of trusting what he says and what he sees?
- A zookeeper who became King. A man with cancer who has undying optimism. Ezekiel (Khary Payton) has always helped those around him and himself to live better and be better. Still captured by the troopers, Ezekiel feels he has made a grave mistake.
- Jerry (Cooper Andrews) is vigilant. His confidence and leadership are without question. His effervescence, at times, is the only light in this dark world. But do not mistake his levity for weakness.
- Yumiko’s (Eleanor Matsuura) strength is her intellect and it serves her well. Captured, she has little tolerance for the questioning by the troopers. She is unlike anyone they have questioned before, allowing her to look at the situation in a different light, while shedding light on the inner workings of her new surroundings.
- A child of the apocalypse, Judith (Cailey Fleming) is stronger than her years would indicate. She continues to hold her head high and fight with might for all to live. She feels the pressure of possibly being the only one left in her immediate family. This is a heavy load to carry at any age.
- No matter how dire the situation, Princess (Paola Lázaro) believes things will work out for the best. Her head may be in the clouds, but her coping skills are dialed-in to how life really works in the apocalypse. If she were to listen to her inner dialogue, she might realize her instincts and observations could be the key to solving most of their problems.
Watch the four new teasers below:
Previously on The Walking Dead, our survivors confronted past demons and combated new threats, with friendships and relationships suffering from the mounting collateral damage that is the apocalypse. Alexandria is severely compromised, left a former shell of the home it once was from the carnage and devastation left behind by the Whisperers.
Now all who live in Alexandria struggle to refortify it and feed its increasing number of residents, which include the survivors from the fall of the Kingdom and the burning of Hilltop; along with Maggie and her new group, the Wardens. Alexandria has more people than it can manage to feed and protect. Their situation is dire as tensions heat up over past events and self-preservation rises to the surface within the ravaged walls.
They must secure more food while they attempt to restore Alexandria before it collapses like countless other communities they have come across throughout the years. But where and how? More haggard and hungrier than ever before, they must dig deeper to find the effort and strength to safeguard the lives of their children, even if it means losing their own.
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to those at Alexandria, Eugene, Ezekiel, Yumiko, and Princess are still being held captive by mysterious soldiers who are members of a larger and unforthcoming group.
The series currently stars Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Lauren Cohan, Cailey Fleming, Josh McDermitt, Christian Serratos, Seth Gilliam, Ross Marquand, Khary Payton, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. It also features Nadia Hilker, Lauren Ridloff, Cooper Andrews, Callan McAuliffe, Eleanor Matsuura, and Cassady McClincy. The Walking Dead Season 11 will consist of 24 episodes which will also introduce new cast members Margot Bingham as Stephanie and Michael James Shaw as Mercer.
Based on Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard’s comic series of the same name, The Walking Dead is executive produced by Kirkman, Scott M. Gimple, Greg Nicotero, David Alpert, Joseph Incaprera, Gale Anne Hurd, Denise Huth, and Angela Kang, who is returning as the showrunner for the final installment.
Season 10 is available to stream on AMC+.
The Walking Dead Season 11 Teasers, Character Photos & Details Released