Netflix’s Halston, about the legendary fashion designer, played by Ewan McGregor, is set to premiere globally on the streaming platform on Friday, May 14, but Lakeshore Records has decided to give audiences a little taste of what we can expect from the limited series via an exclusive clip from Nathan Barr’s original score, titled “The End.” You can check out the track in the player below.
Halston — Music From the Netflix Series will release digitally on May 14 and features Barr’s smooth, 80s-inflected synth score, along with three original recordings performed by Broadway veteran, Krysta Rodrguez, who portrays Liza Minnelli in the series.
Check out the exclusive track from Halston titled “The End” below:
Here’s the album tracklist:
01. Say Liza (Liza With A Z) – Krysta Rodriguez
02. Got My Team – Nathan Barr & Stephen Lukach
03. Made Something – Nathan Barr
04. Only Takes One Person – Nathan Barr
05. Something Great – Nathan Barr
06. Versailles – Nathan Barr
07. Not A Pitch – Nathan Barr
08. I Gotcha – Krysta Rodriguez
09. Car Flashback – Nathan Barr
10. No One’s Doing This – Nathan Barr
11. Mother’s Funeral – Nathan Barr
12. Jacqueline Kennedy – Nathan Barr & Stephen Lukach
13. Carl’s Problem – Nathan Barr
14. Liza’s Wedding – Nathan Barr
15. Bonjour Paris – Krysta Rodriguez
16. Liza’s Getting Married – Nathan Barr
17. Not Halston Anymore – Nathan Barr
18. The End – Nathan Barr
And here’s the plot synopsis to the series via a press release from Lakeshore Records:
The Netflix limited series Halston follows the legendary fashion designer, played by Ewan McGregor, as he leverages his single, invented name into a worldwide fashion empire that’s synonymous with luxury, sex, status and fame, literally defining the era he lives in, 1970’s and ‘80’s New York—until a hostile takeover forces him to battle for control of his most precious asset…the name Halston itself. The series is Executive Produced by Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan, Alexis Martin Woodall, Ewan McGregor, Daniel Minahan, Eric Kovtun, Sharr White, and Christine Vachon and Pamela Koffler of Killer Films. Minahan also serves as the series director.
Emmy-winning composer Nathan Barr recently composed music for the Amazon Studios/Alan Ball comedy-drama Uncle Frank, starring Paul Bettany, as well as Amazon Studios’/Legendary Television’s Carnival Row, featuring Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne, Hulu’s The Great, starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult; and Ryan Murphy’s Netflix series Hollywood, which earned the composer an Emmy Award for Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music.
Barr also scored Eli Roth’s early cult-classics Cabin Fever and Hostel and more recently The House With A Clock In Its Walls, starring Cate Blanchett and Jack Black. Some of his other feature scores include Jason Blum’s box office hit thriller The Boy Next Door, starring Jennifer Lopez, and Universal Pictures’ controversial satire, The Hunt.