Ashley Eckstein Reveals Her 5 Favorite Ahsoka Moments!
Clone Wars actress Ashley Eckstein was kind enough to speak with ComingSoon.net about everyone’s favorite rebellious Jedi, Ahsoka Tano in an interview which you can read here while promoting her new Golden Book I Am A Padawan, which you can purchase by clicking here. The actress also revealed to us her Top 5 favorite Ahsoka moments, which you can check out below!
RELATED: Clone Wars’ Ashley Eckstein Talks Rosario Dawson’s Ahsoka
From Dave Filoni, director and executive producer of The Mandalorian, the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars will continue the storylines introduced in the original series, exploring the events leading up to Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
The 12-episode season will feature the voices of Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker, Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano, Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex and the clone troopers, James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan, and Sam Witwer as Maul.
Created by George Lucas, the show first aired in 2008 and became an entry point into Star Wars for an entire generation, following fan-favorites like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padmé Amidala, while introducing major new characters like Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. It became a multi-Emmy winner and is now regarded as essential Star Wars.
Even though The Clone Wars will be having its epic conclusion this year, it appears it won’t be the end for the animated Star Wars universe as SWNN has also revealed that a sequel series to Rebels is currently in development to pick up the story of Ahsoka from the series finale and could premiere as early as this year.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is currently airing weekly on Disney+.
TOP 5 AHSOKA MOMENTS
1. I would say, having to go in chronological order, I do love at the end of — I believe it’s Season 3 — Ahsoka gets trapped along with a bunch of other kids. That’s where she first meets Chewbacca. And she not only saves herself, but she saves other kids and the Wookies. It was a real defining moment for her. It was one of the first moments where she really was completely on her own and had to use the lessons that Anakin and the other Jedi had taught her to get out of that situation. I love that moment.
2. I like the Mortis trilogy where Ahsoka really goes through a lot in that. We see older Ahsoka, we see dark side Ahsoka, but she actually dies. What people don’t realize is that Ahsoka dies and the daughter brings her back to life. So, I don’t know the connection, but I feel like the daughter has a forever connection with Ahsoka that even I’m curious to know more about. The daughter represents the light side of the force and I think Ahsoka represents that too. That is a defining moment for Ahsoka — that arc.
3. Then, I go to the end of Season 5 where Ahsoka walks away from the Jedi Order, because the question always was, well, how does Ahsoka survive Order 66? Well, Ahoska walks away from the Jedi Order. She’s no longer a Jedi. We’re going to see more of that in the upcoming episodes [of Clone Wars Season 7], so I don’t want to say anything more. The fortune cookie at the beginning of the episode is “Never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem.” And Ahsoka doesn’t give up hope, even when she’s framed for murder and it looks like all hope is lost. She makes it out, but then she no longer believes in everything she thought she knew and stood for. And she chooses to walk away from everything she knows. That takes incredible strength and is such a defining moment for her.
4. I also have to go to Ahsoka appearing in Rebels where we realize that she’s Fulcrum and that she is someone that started the Rebellion. Again, to me, Ahsoka represents so much hope. Of course, she would be one of the leaders of the Rebellion. That’s such a defining moment to find out that Ahsoka was Fulcrum and that she was involved in helping out the Rebels.
5. The fifth moment is that fight with Darth Vader in Star Wars Rebels. She has that showdown with Vader and says, “I’m no Jedi.” That’s really a moment where everything comes full circle for her. So, yeah. Those are five pretty defining moments for her. I’m sure I’m going to think of more later and say, “Oh shoot, why didn’t I say that?”
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Disney Streaming)
Star Wars Clone Wars Audiobook
Clone Wars Poster
Star Wars: The Clone Wars