#1 movie predicted correctly: Five Weeks In A Row
1. The Departed $27.0m (My rank:#1, $5.6m Off)
A very nice weekend for the star heavy Departed. There was an Infernal Affairs II so I wonder if there is any chance of a remake?
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning $19.1m (My rank:#2, $4.0m Off)
Batman began anew and thrived, same here. Good lesson, if you start sucking just start over.
3. Open Season $16.0m (My rank:#3, $2.2m Off)
I watched Curious George the other day and learned to hate kid’s movies all over again.
4. Employee of the Month $11.8m (My rank:#5, $3.4m Off)
Brutal reviews on this one, I think we can safely shut the book on Jessica Simpson’s career. Good night sweetheart!
5. The Guardian $9.6m (My rank:#4, $1.1m Off)
The Guardian, The Patriot, The Marine… is there no limit to individual article movie names?
6. Jackass Number Two $6.4m (My rank:#6, $1.6m Off)
They could have not made a movie and it still would have been better than Knoxville in Dukes of Hazzard.
7. School for Scoundrels $3.4m (My rank:#7, $1.8m Off)
Has Billy Bob ever had a huge commercial movie? Maybe Bad Santa?
8. Gridiron Gang $2.3m (My rank: Not Ranked)
I have no idea how this made the top ten again but it sure pisses me off.
9. Jet Li’s Fearless $2.1m (My rank:#8, $.5m Off)
It was nice to see the Yanks go down in flames. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team.
10. The Illusionist $1.8m (My rank:#9, $.2m Off)
Nothing in the world is more annoying than the “Man Law” commercials right now. It’s not even possible, you could throw up a screaming child on the screen and I’d smile more.