Amazon Prime Video August 2020 TV & film titles announced!
The full calendar of film and TV titles coming to Amazon Prime Video in August has been unveiled, which will include fan-favorite hits such as Top Gun, Steel Magnolias and the premiere of the Aisha Tyler-hosted aftershow Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys! The full calendar can be viewed below!
RELATED: BritBox Unveils What’s Coming to the Streamer in August 2020
- Jessy and Nessy is a series about Jessy, an innately curious little girl and her best friend, Nessy, a five-and-a-half-thousand-year-old purple sea monster. Jessy happens to see the world a little differently through her magical glasses called ‘Inspectacles’. Together this unlikely duo explore life’s curiosities and reveal how all of these seemingly everyday curiosities have fantastical answers. New episodes streaming August 7.
- From the creator of Survivor and hosted by Bear Grylls, World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji tells the story of the ultimate expedition race, in which 66 teams from 30 countries race non-stop for 11 days across hundreds of miles of rugged Fijian terrain complete with mountains, jungles, rivers, and ocean. For the veteran teams the goal is to win – but for most, the dream is to finish and prove to themselves and the world, that they can prevail in the World’s Toughest Race. Streaming August 14.
- Chemical Hearts follows seventeen-year-old Henry Page (Austin Abrams) who has never been in love. He fancies himself a romantic, but the kind of once-in-a-lifetime love he’s been hoping for just hasn’t happened yet. Then, on the first day of senior year, he meets transfer student Grace Town (Lili Reinhart) and it seems all that is about to change. When Grace and Henry are chosen to co-edit the school paper, he is immediately drawn to the mysterious newcomer. As he learns the heartbreaking secret that has changed her life, he finds himself falling in love with her — or at least the person he thinks she is. Available in HDR. Streaming August 21.
- More adventures are in store in Clifford The Big Red Dog as Emily Elizabeth and Clifford embark on an expedition for a lucky coin, open a pet daycare, and walk the entire island backwards! From leading baby sea turtles safely to the ocean to singing a rock ballad on their mission to the Moon, the friends learn that looking at life from a different perspective can help save the day and that change isn’t always scary. New episodes streaming August 21.
- Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys is an aftershow that brings fans inside the making of The Boys and gives them a safe space to freak the &@#$ out about what they just saw. Each week host Aisha Tyler is joined by cast, crew, and surprise guests to take a deep-dive look into the latest episode, dissecting the plot twists, basking in the spectacular gore, exploring the themes and comic book origins, and getting to know more about the (clearly disturbed) people behind the show. Fans will also get exclusive teasers and hints on upcoming episodes to fuel their alarming totally normal obsession. Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys will debut on August 28 with a look back at season one. The aftershow continues on September 4 to dive into each episode of Season 2 as it rolls out through the October 9 season finale. Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys is from Amazon Studios, Embassy Row and Sony Pictures Television and executive produced by Michael Davies, Aisha Tyler, Julia Cassidy, Eden Sutley and Jennifer Ryan. Streaming August 28.
- When her parents (Eva Longoria and Michael Peña) disappear in search of the Lost City of Gold, Dora (Isabela Moner) swings into action on a wild quest to find them. Follow Dora and her friend in Dora And The Lost City Of Gold as they navigate the jungle, outrun treasure hunters and unlock the mystery of the fabled city. Streaming August 3.
- In Clark Duke’s directorial debut, Arkansas, Kyle (Liam Hemsworth) and Swin (Clark Duke) live by the orders of an Arkansas-based drug kingpin named Frog (Vince Vaugh), whom they’ve never met. But when a deal goes horribly wrong, the consequences are deadly. Streaming August 5.
- The Peanut Butter Falcon follows a young man with Down syndrome (Zack Gottsagen) who escapes from an assisted living facility and befriends a wayward fisherman on the run (Shia LaBeouf); as the two men form a rapid bond, a social worker (Dakota Johnson) attempts to track them. Streaming August 6.
- Capone chronicles the final days of notorious gangster Al Capone (Tom Hardy) as he succumbs to dementia and relives his past through tormenting memories. Streaming August 10.
- Top Gun follows Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise), a young flyer who’s out to become the best, but his reckless attitude and cocky demeanor put him at odds with the other pilots, especially the cool and collected Iceman (Val Kilmer). Streaming August 1.
- Rain Man tells the story of an idealistic young wheeler-dealer (Tom Cruise) whose life is changed forever when he discovers he has an autistic savant older brother (Dustin Hoffman). Streaming August 1.
- An adaptation of Robert Harling’s play of the same name, Steel Magnolias centers on the bond a group of women (Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Shirly MacLaine, Daryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis, and Julia Roberts) share in a small-town Southern community, and how they cope with the death of one of their own. Streaming August 1.
New to Buy:
- Based on the CW Seed series, Deathstroke: Knights and Dragons follows master assassin Slade Wilson (voiced by Michael Chiklis) as he leads two lives: a relentless killer known as Deathstroke and a family man. Can he atone for the sins of the past – or will his family pay the ultimate price? Available for purchase August 4.
- Originally premiering at the Sundance Film Festival, The Fight gives an inside look at the legal battles that lawyers for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) are facing during the Trump administration. Available for purchase August 7.
- The King of Staten Island is a semi-autobiographical comedy-drama about Pete Davidson growing up in Staten Island, including losing his father during 9/11 and entering the world of stand up comedy. Available for purchase August 11.
- From writer/director Jon Stewart comes Irresistible, a comedy about a Democrat political consultant (Steve Carell) who helps a retired Marine colonel (Chris Cooper) run for mayor in a small Wisconsin Town. Available for purchase August 18.
- From Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Superman: Man of Tomorrow follows the fledgling hero (voiced by Darren Criss) as he engages in bloody battles and fights for his life. The world will learn about Superman, but first, Superman must save the world. Available for purchase August 23.
RELATED: New to Stream: Arrow Video Channel’s August 2020 Lineup
New in August – Available to Prime members at no additional cost to their membership
3:10 To Yuma (2007)
Four Weddings And A Funeral (1994)
Margin Call (2011)
My Bloody Valentine (1981)
Rain Man (1988)
Rustlers’ Rhapsody (1985)
Something’s Gotta Give (2003)
Spare Parts (2015)
Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Steel Magnolias (1989)
The Holiday (2006)
Top Gun (1986)
Beverly Hillbillies: Season 1 (Best TV Ever)
Beyond Scared Straight: Season 1 (A&E Crime Central)
Bitchin’ Rides: Season 1 (Motortrend)
Blood: Season 1 (Acorn TV)
Californication: Season 1 (Showtime)
Chesapeake Shores: Season 1 (Hallmark Movies Now)
Dusty’s Trail: Season 1 (Best Westerns Ever)
Fifth Ward: Season 1 (Urban Movie Channel)
Ice Road Truckers: Season 1 (HISTORY Vault)
Lego Jurassic World: Legend Of Isla Nublar: Season 1
Les Miserables: Season 1 (PBS Masterpiece)
Moveable Feast: Season 1 (PBS Living)
Riviera: Season 1 (Sundance Now)
The Berenstein Bears: Season 1 (PBS Kids)
The Teacher: Season 1 (PBS Masterpiece)
Dora And The Lost City Of Gold (2019)
The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)
Jessy & Nessy – Amazon Original Series: Season 1B
Hard Night Falling (2019)
Lucky Day (2019)
Bernie The Dolphin 2 (2019)
World’s Toughest Race: Eco Challenge Fiji – Amazon Original Series: Season 1
The Cup (2012)
Chemical Hearts (2020) – Amazon Original Movie
Clifford – Amazon Original Series: Season 2B
The Legion (2020)
Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys – Amazon Original Special
The Courier (2019)
RELATED: New to Netflix August 2020: All Movies & Shows Coming and Going
New in August – Available for Rental or Purchase on Prime Video
Deathstroke: Knights and Dragons (2020)
The Fight (2020)
The King of Staten Island (2020)
Superman: Man of Tomorrow (2020)