POLL RESULTS: What is the best scene in The Dark Knight?
This week is coming up Batman, with fans getting a special taste of the Batmobile from Matt Reeves’ upcoming reboot and after only two days, ComingSoon.net’s poll asking readers what’s the best scene in The Dark Knight has closed with 2300 votes! Check out the results below!
What is the best scene in The Dark Knight?
- Batman Interrogates The Joker/“You’re just a freak like me.” (27%, 632 votes)
- Joker’s “Magic Trick” Gang Meeting (16%, 377 votes)
- Harvey’s Police Caravan/Batpod vs Joker (12%, 277 votes)
- Opening Mob Bank Robbery (8%, 192 votes)
- Nurse Joker and Harvey Hospital Scene/“All part of the plan.” (7%, 171 votes)
Nolan’s second installment in his franchise is chock full of iconic moments, many of which stem from Heath Ledger’s Oscar-winning portrayal of the iconic villain The Joker, with all five of the top winners being scenes featuring the clown prince of crime, albeit surprisingly not the iconic “How I got these scars” or “Why so serious” speeches. Check out the rest of the results below!
- Batman Takes the Fall/“I’m whatever Gotham needs me to be.” (6%, 142 votes)
- Joker Blows Up Gotham Central (5%, 108 votes)
- The Joker Crashes the Party/“How I got these scars?” #2 (4%, 86 votes)
- Batman “Extradites” Lau from Hong Kong (3%, 62 votes)
- Batman and Joker Fight/“I know how you got these.” (2%, 35 votes)
- Killing Gambol/“How I got these scars?” #1 (1%, 34 votes)
- Joker Escapes with His “Phone Call” (1%, 34 votes)
- The Joker’s Two Ferries Experiment (1%, 32 votes)
- Rachel Explodes/Harvey Scarred (1%, 26 votes)
- Joker Burns the Mob Money and Lau (1%, 24 votes)
- Lucius Fox Aids Batman with Sonar Machine (1%, 23 votes)
- Harvey Threatens Gordon’s Son/Dies (1%, 15 votes)
- The Joker Kills Copycat Batman (0%, 10 votes)
- Harvey Den “Die a hero…” Speech (0%, 7 votes)
- Scarecrow Drug Deal (0%, 4 votes)
- Batman Interrogates Maroni Off a Building (0%, 4 votes)
- Bruce Wayne Saves Coleman Reese (0%, 2 votes)
- Harvey Dent Claims to Be The Batman (0%, 1 vote)
- Bruce Gets a Fingerprint off a Bullet Hit (0%, 1 vote)
- Gordon is “Assassinated” by the Joker (0%, 0 votes)
After the critical and commercial failure of 1997’s Batman & Robin, Warner Bros. began development on a reboot of the DC franchise and found the perfect match in Nolan, who was just coming off of the acclaimed mystery thriller Memento, and David S. Goyer, who had delivered hits for Warner Bros. subsidiary New Line Cinema including the Blade trilogy. In looking to tell Batman’s origin story as no adaptation prior had while delivering a darker and more realistic tone, Batman Begins proved to be a large success, grossing over $375 million worldwide and garnering very positive reviews from critics, spawning two sequels, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.
Penned by Jonathan and Christopher Nolan, the second installment in the latter’s trilogy sees the titular hero team up with Police Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) to bring a more definitive end to organized crime in Gotham City, but find their efforts tarnished by the anarchistic Joker (Ledger), who is working with the mobs to cause chaos throughout the city and undermine Batman’s influence on bringing crime down.
Over a decade later, The Dark Knight still proves to be arguably one of the best superhero films of all time amongst audiences and critics alike, with the film receiving rave reviews and being nominated for eight Academy Awards, winning two for Best Sound Editing and Best Supporting Actor for Heath Ledger posthumously, and grossed $1.005 billion at the global box office.