Hearthstone is still growing seven years later. Blizzard Entertainment announced announced the next Hearthstone expansion, titled United in Stormwind, will be heading to PC and mobile devices on August 3.
Like the slew of expansions before it, United in Stormwind will add a total of 135 new cards, some of which will feature new abilities and spells. This includes Mount spells, Profession Tools, and the new keyword “Tradeable.” Additionally, it will add a new questline to the popular card game.
RELATED: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic Is True Nostalgia
Here are is everything you can expect from the upcoming Hearthstone expansion as described by Blizzard:
- Questlines. These three-part quests provide a peek into the ongoing stories of Hearthstone’s newest mercenary heroes. You’ll start a match with your Questline cards in hand and completing each step results in a small reward. Complete all three and the mercenary joins your side — as a powerful Legendary minion!
- New Keyword: Tradeable. Time is money, friend! Achieve maximum value by adding Tradeable cards to your deck. You can play them for their normal effect, or you can drag them back in your deck for just 1 mana and draw another card that might be more useful in the moment.
- Mount up. Cruise through Stormwind in style! Cast a Mount spell onto a minion to give it a powerful buff. Once the empowered rider is destroyed, it summons the trusty steed (with stats that line up with the original buff).
- Ply Your Trade. Profession Tools are a new passive type of weapon that have special effects instead of attack values — like the Paladin’s Prismatic Jewel Kit, which boosts the power of minions in your hand whenever a friendly minion loses a Divine Shield.
You can pre-order the Hearthstone expansion United in Stormwind right now with several options to choose from. The Mega Bundle will get you 80 card packs, five Golden card packs, two random Legendary cards, the Lady Katrana Prestor Mage Alternate Hero, the Lady Katrana Prestor card back, the Ve’nari Alternate Battlegrounds Bartender, and Battlegrounds Perks. This bundle will cost a total of $79.99.
If you want to spend a bit less, but still get a good amount of United in Stormwind goodies, you can grab the Pre-Purchase Bundle, which includes 60 packs, two random Legendary cards, and the Lady Katrana Prestor card back. This bundle will be $49.99.
The option to pre-purchase the Hearthstone expansion United in Stormwind is part of the new patch that just released. If you log in after the patch is live, you can grab the Flightmaster Dungar Newutral Legendary minion for free.
RELATED: Blizzard Reveals Overwatch 2 Models of Baptiste and Sombra
Hearthstone is also bringing back the Fire Festival event. Between July 6 and July 27, new Legendary quests and fan-favorite Tavern Brawls will be available to play. Additionally the Book of Mercenaries and Book of Heroes chapters will be launching on July 13 and July 20 respectively.
There is also a major Battlegrounds update coming to Hearthstone in the form of Battlegrounds Cosmetics. Starting on July 27, you’ll be able to grab some themed skins for several different Battlegrounds heroes. Here are the two bundles you’ll be able to grab, as well as its contents:
- The Battlegrounds Bundle: Beach Party includes seven new portraits of heroes enjoying some fun in the sun, such as Grill King Bolvar and Chillin’ Vol’jin. The bundle also includes Tikilord Ragnaros, a fully-voiced alternate Bartender who serves up drinks with a scorching attitude.
- The Battlegrounds Heroes: Shadowlands bundle includes eight heroes reimagined as members of the Covenants featured in the afterlife-themed World of Warcraft: Shadowlands expansion, including Finley of the Kyrian and Ysera of the Night Fae.
If you want to see all the changes coming with the new patch, you can check out the latest patch notes.