Funimation and Shout Factory announced the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray for The Transformers: The Movie is coming to the United Kingdom and Ireland on October 25, 2021. It will also be out in the United States on August 3 for $23.99, as was previously announced.
There will be several versions of The Transformers: The Movie 4K Blu-ray. The standard edition and Steelbook Limited Edition include the film in both 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray, as well as special features; the only difference between the two is the Steelbook that houses the Limited Edition.
For all the Transformers collectors out there, there is the Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Limited Collectors Edition. This special version comes with everything mentioned in the standard edition, as well as six art cards, a 32-page artbook, and fold-out poster all housed in a rigid box.
Each package’s art is designed by Matt Ferguson, who is known for his work on the Star Wars and Marvel franchises. He also designed the upcoming Ghost in the Shell 4K Blu-ray. You can check out the collectors edition packaging below.
Here are all the features you’ll find in The Transformers: The Movie 4K Blu-ray release:
- New 4K Transfer From Original Film Elements
- New Feature-Length Storyboards, including deleted, alternate and extended sequences
- New Fathom Events 30th Anniversary Featurette, including Stan Bush’s acoustic performances of “The Touch” and “Dare”
- ‘Til All Are One – A comprehensive documentary looking back at The Transformers: The Movie with members of the cast and crew, including story consultant Flint Dille, cast members Gregg Berger, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, singer/songwriter Stan Bush, composer Vince Dicola and others!
- Audio Commentary with Director Nelson Shin, story consultant Flint Dille and star Susan Blu
- Animated Storyboards
- Trailers and TV Spots
The standard edition of The Transformers: The Movie 4K Blu-ray will cost £24.99; the Steelbook Limited Edition costs £32.99; the Zavvi Exclusive Limited Collectors Edition costs £39.99. You can pre-order any of these versions right now.
The Transformers: The Movie originally released in 1986. It is directed by Nelson Shin and features the voices of Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Frank Welker, Leonard Nimoy, Eric Idle, Casey Kasem, Orson Welles, Scatman Crothers, and more.