UK site Hey U Guys tells us they paid another visit to the Robin Hood “Forrest Set” near Farnham in Surrey and have taken a lot of photos and made a video montage of the set. Here’s what they learned (Spoiler ahead!):
* Filming in the villages will begin shooting next week
* The village will be burnt down once the filming has finished (I hope!) and this will form part of the plotline
* The castle completion is running behind schedule and should be finished by now but hopes to be completed within the next couple of weeks
* Huge stables are being erected around the Forrest area to deal the hundreds of horses that will be used as they have done on the beach in Pembrokeshire
* The signs that lead up to the site say MMF which stands for ‘Merry Men Films’!
* Harry Potter 7 will be using the castle once the shoot for Robin Hood has left
You can check out their coverage here.
Opening in theaters on May 14, 2010, the Ridley Scott-directed film stars Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, Vanessa Redgrave, Mark Strong, Scott Grimes, Kevin Durand, Alan Doyle, Oscar Isaacs, Lea Seydoux and William Hurt.