What do you know? I finally have something exclusively for my Seattle area readers as DreamWorks Pictures is providing 50 lucky readers, YEAH 50, the opportunity to check out Michael Bay’s The Island on Thursday, July 14, a week before it hits the big screen, starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson.
Lincoln Six-Echo (McGregor) is a resident of a seemingly utopian but contained facility in the mid-21st century. Like all of the inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to be chosen to go to the “The Island”â€”reportedly the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his existence is a lie. He and all of the other inhabitants of the facility are actually human clones whose only purpose is to provide “spare parts” for their original human counterparts. Realizing it is only a matter of time before he is “harvested,” Lincoln makes a daring escape with a beautiful fellow resident named Jordan Two-Delta (Johansson). Relentlessly pursued by the forces of the sinister institute that once housed them, Lincoln and Jordan engage in a race for their lives to literally meet their makers.
Entering this giveaway is just about the easiest thing to do, all you have to do is live in the Seattle area, and depending on how much you like to drive I guess Idaho and Oregon residents may be interested, but this one is for those living in such areas as Seattle, Federal Way, Tacoma, Bellingham, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Everett and everywhere else around and in between. So take a look at the rules below and get ready to explore The Island:
Below you will find all the details on what you can win on how to enter, but it is here that I stress a few simple rules.
1. All entries must be received by Wednesday, July 6, 2005. While supplies last. Limited to one entry and one (1) pass per person. No purchase necessary. Each pass admits two.
2. Winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and notified by mail on or about Thursday, July 8. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, or misdirected entries.
3. Seating is first-come, first-serve. Ticket does NOT guarantee you a seat. Theatre is overbooked to ensure a full house. Theatre is not responsible for overbooking.
4. Employees of DreamWorks Pictures, RopeofSilicon.com and their affiliated agencies are not eligible
5. Fill out the form below completely to be considered.
6. The decision by contest administrators is final and cannot be disputed.
7. See below the entry form for the rules regarding tampering with the giveaway or techinical difficulties with the giveaway.
8. REMEMBER this screening is in SEATTLE.
ENTRIES ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
*If for any
reason, the Internet-related portion of this Giveaway is not capable
of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering,
fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens
the administration, security or integrity of the Giveaway, RopeofSilicon.com
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend
the Giveaway or any portion of the Giveaway. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR
UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT
IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE GIVEAWAY. Information submitted in Internet
entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may
be used by RopeofSilicon.com for marketing or promotional purposes.
Giveaway rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Washington
State law, excluding choice of law provisions.