Marvel’s Iron Man 3 added $72.5 million domestically its second weekend and $89.3 million internationally its third weekend! The third installment has now earned $284.9 million in North America and $664.1 million overseas for a worldwide total of $949 million.
Some of the box office highlights include:
- Iron Man 3 has passed the total global box office of Captain America ($369M), Thor ($449M), Iron Man ($585M), Iron Man 2 ($624M), The Amazing Spider-Man ($752M), Spider-Man 2 ($784M), Spider-Man ($822M) and Spider-Man 3 ($891M).
- Iron Man 3 posted the second-highest domestic opening of all time ($174.1M), behind only Marvels The Avengers.
- Internationally, Iron Man 3 has passed the total international box office of Captain America ($192M), Iron Man ($267M), Thor ($268M), Iron Man 2 ($312M), Spider-Man 2 ($410M), Spider-Man ($418M), The Dark Knight ($470M), The Amazing Spider-Man ($490M) and Spider-Man 3 ($554M).
- Biggest opening day of all time in China, Russia, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Ukraine, Singapore, South Africa, Vietnam.
- Biggest opening weekend of all time in Asia Pacific and Latin America regions.
- Biggest opening weekend of all time in China, Ukraine, Thailand, South Africa, Argentina, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, UAE.
- Biggest Marvel opening weekend in China, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Finland, Hungary, Romania, New Zealand, Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia.
- Iron Man 3 has surpassed the total gross of Marvels The Avengers in China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Biggest grossing film of all time in Indonesia and Malaysia.
Performances to date in key territories:
China - $95.3M
Korea - $54.1M
UK - $48.3M
Mexico - $42.2M
Brazil - $37.6M
Russia - $37.4M
France - $34.8M
Australia - $33.0M
Japan - $20.7M
Italy - $19.2M
Taiwan - $17.9M
Germany - $17.4M
Indonesia - $14.5M
Philippines - $13.8M
HK - $12.7M
Malaysia - $12.7M
India - $11.4M
Spain - $10.6M
Argentina - $10.5M
Other - $120.0M
Total - $664.1M