The X-Files Blu-ray and DVD are coming in June
FOX has announced that this year’s hit event series The X-Files is set to arrive on Blu-ray and DVD on June 14 and you can pre-order your own copy by clicking here! The X-Files Blu-ray and DVD special features included on the release are:
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- The Makings of a Struggle
- Season X: An In-Depth Behind-the-Scenes Look at “The Event Series”
- Monsters of the Week: A Recap from the Wildest and Scariest from the Original Series
- “The X-Files” – Green Production PSA
- Short Film – Grace by Karen Nielsen
- Commentary on “Founder’s Mutation” with Chris Carter and James Wong
- Commentary on “Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster” with David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Kumail Nanjiani and Darin Morgan
- Commentary on “My Struggle II” with Chris Carter and Gabe Rotter
In addition, the complete series Blu-ray box set will be released as well, featuring all nine seasons from the show’s original run as well as the event series. You can view The X-Files Blu-ray cover art in the gallery below.
David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise their iconic roles as Agent Fox Mulder and Agent Dana Scully in the event series which will features a mixture of stand-alone investigative episodes and those that further the original show’s seminal mythology. The all-new episodes feature appearances by guest stars, including Joel McHale (“Community”), Robbie Amell (“The Flash”), Lauren Ambrose (“Dig,” “Six Feet Under”), Annabeth Gish (“The Bridge”), Annet Mahendru (“The Americans”), Rhys Darby (“Flight of the Conchords”), Kumail Nanjiani (“Silicon Valley”) and William B. Davis, who reprises his role as “Cigarette Smoking Man.” Three of the episodes are written and directed by Chris Carter, with the remaining new episodes written and directed by original series veterans Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong.
The X-Files originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Mulder (David Duchovny), as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.