Little Women and Friday the 13th series no longer in development at The CW
Straight from their TCA presentation, The CW president Mark Pedowitz has revealed that the previously announced Little Women and Friday the 13th series are no longer in development.
“The bottom line is we felt we had stronger things to go with, and we didn’t go forward with it,” he said of the series inspired by the infamous slasher film franchise (via EW). “It was well-written, it was darker than we wanted it to be, and we didn’t believe it had sustainability … We didn’t believe that it was a sustainable script, a sustainable series. It was a very good pilot, but not a sustainable series.”
The Pretender creators Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle were developing the series which would have gone down a meta-route and taken place in a world where the Friday the 13th film series was inspired by true events, with the show investigating the “real story.” In related news, it was also just announced that the next Friday the 13th movie will be directed by Breck Eisner.
Regarding the Little Women reboot, Pedowitz said:
“The script just couldn’t get there. That happens. It just did not get there. We didn’t go forward and develop it again.”
The series was previously described as “a hyper-stylized, gritty adaptation” of the 1868 novel wherein the lead characters “band together in order to survive the dystopic streets of Philadelphia.”