The Drew Barrymore Show debut sets up Charlie’s Angels reunion
Ahead of the new talk show’s debut on Monday, September 14, the star-studded guest line-up for CBS’s upcoming The Drew Barrymore Show has been revealed, confirming that the premiere episode will be featuring a long-awaited Charlie’s Angels reunion with Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu as Barrymore’s first guests as well as a 50 First Dates reunion with Adam Sandler. This marks the iconic trio’s first on-screen reunion after 17 years since the theatrical release of Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle in 2003.
In addition, According to The Wrap, a docuseries titled The Making of The Drew Barrymore Show is set to launch today on YouTube which will take viewers behind the scenes and shares an honest, raw, and emotional look at the making of a daytime show shining a light on this extraordinary journey during an unprecedented time
RELATED: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Sets Reunion Special at HBO Max
The Drew Barrymore Show will be hosted by Golden Globe-winning actress, who also serves as an executive producer along with Santa Clarita Diet‘s Chris Miller and Ember Truesdell.
The official guest line-up and schedule for the show’s first week are listed below:
- Monday, September 14 – starts off with a “Charlie’s Angels” reunion with guests Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu reuniting with host Drew Barrymore, nearly 20 years since the blockbuster film premiered. Drew also reunites with longtime friend and co-star Adam Sandler. Plus, Drew has a big surprise in store for a deserving family of essential workers in one of the show’s signature segments, “Designed by Drew.”
- Tuesday, September 15 – Drew is joined by Academy Award-winning actress Reese Witherspoon and actor Billy Eichner, who plays a rousing new round of “Would Drew Barrymore Like That?” a skit from the comedian’s Emmy-nominated show. Plus, Derrick Barnes and Gordon C. James, the team behind the upbeat, empowering and important new picture book, “I Am Every Good Thing,” join Drew for an inspiring conversation.
- Wednesday, September 16 – two-time Oscar winner Jane Fonda stops by to discuss her new book on climate change and shares actions everyone can take to create positive change. Drew also teams up with actress Gabrielle Union to help surprise a struggling small business owner who is literally changing the lives of others one wig at a time. Plus, a quarantine fashion show with fashion designer Christian Siriano.
- Thursday, September 17 – Drew is joined by Academy Award-winning actress Charlize Theron and new “Dancing With the Stars” host Tyra Banks, who teaches Drew the art of “smizing.” Plus, Drew is continuing the Share The Mic Now campaign in another recurring signature segment, “Share The Mic with Luvvie,” where movement co-founder Luvvie Ajayi Jones spotlights amazing black women.
- Friday, September 18th with Emmy, Grammy and Tony Award-winning actor Billy Porter singing a beautiful rendition of a classic. Then, meet the mom behind the emotional photo that went viral of her son frustrated and overwhelmed on his first day of virtual kindergarten and the extra big surprise Drew has in store for her family. Plus, Drew sends viewers into the weekend with a curated list of her favorite picks in another signature segment, “The Weekender.”