Exclusive Amanda Jones Track ‘House Being Built’ for Apple’s Home Series Soundtrack
Lakeshore Records is set to release Home—Apple TV + Original Series Soundtrack featuring music by the team of hip hop producer and A Tribe Called Quest co-founder Adrian Younge & Al Shaheed Muhammad (Luke Cage, Jazz Is Dead 001), Emmy-nominated composer collective Bleeding Fingers Music (Planet Earth II) which includes composers Adam Schiff, Laurentia Editha, and Francis James Ralls; Amanda Jones (Cherish the Day, A Black Lady Sketch Show), and more.
Ahead of Home’s premiere globally on April 17 on Apple TV+, ComingSoon.net is exclusively debuting Amanda Jones’ “House Being Built” track for the soundtrack, which will release digitally exclusively on Apple Music on the same day and set to release digitally on all other platforms on June 19. You can listen to the exclusive track below and pre-save your copy of the soundtrack here!
“House Being Built” mixes guitar, echoing vocals, and non-traditional arrangements for analog synths, piano, and violin, to create a warm, magical backdrop to the series episode that focuses on The Soot House in Maine.
Home is a new documentary series that offers viewers a never-before-seen look inside the world’s most innovative homes. Each episode in the nine-episode first season unveils the boundary-pushing imagination of the visionaries who dared to dream and build them.
The unique music heard in each of the different nine episodes of Home came from a wide diversity of artists and inspirations. Music supervision on the project was provided by Doug Pray and Collin Orcutt.
Said Orcutt: “Going in, we had a general idea of the musical genre we wanted for each episode, which is how we began our composer pairing, but we wanted to stay open to the artists’ interpretation from there. Our hope was the composers would find a commonality within these stories and build a sound around that. We were amazed at how deeply they all connected. The nuance and emotional depth they brought out was beautiful.”
Pray added: “Each of the nine episodes of Home feature a completely different environment and tell a standalone homeowner story, so we worked to forge a unique musical identity for each. We wanted to find music that sounded as innovative as the homes themselves felt. It needed to tap into the character of both person and the place.”
Home is executive produced by Joe Poulin, Matthew Weaver, Bruce Gersh, Ian Orefice, Doug Pray, Collin Orcutt, Matt Tyrnauer, Corey Reeser and Kim Rozenfeld. Nick Stern serves as co-executive producer, and the series hails from MediaWeaver, Four M Studios, and Altimeter Films.
01. Best Wishes – Garron Chang
02. Ten Year Toil – Garron Chang
03. Times Together – Garron Chang
04. In My Neighborhood – Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad
05. Theaster’s Message – Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad
06. Sharma Springs – Bleeding Fingers Music
07. Natural Curve – Bleeding Fingers Music
08. Gary Loves Hong Kong – Bleeding Fingers Music
09. Gary Comes Home – Bleeding Fingers Music
10. Soot House – Amanda Jones
11. Leaving Japan – Amanda Jones
12. House Being Built – Amanda Jones
13. Their Fingerprints Remain – Amritha Vaz
14. I Imagined a Line – Amritha Vaz
15. Land We Share – Bleeding Fingers Music
16. Shared Habitat – Bleeding Fingers Music
17. Childhood – John Dragonetti
18. Water – John Dragonetti
19. Architecture – John Dragonetti
20. Two Houses – Matthew Robert Cooper
21. The Rest of Our Lives – Matthew Robert Cooper