In my regular On DVD/Blu-ray Today article on Tuesday one reader noticed the addition of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) Blu-ray disc, which releases on May 19, and asked if it was the extended cut. Unfortunately at that time I didn’t know the answer as it hadn’t been revealed just yet, but as the new trailer shows (featured below) as well as the press release tells me this release will come with both the theatrical version (137 minutes) and what is being called a “special edition” version (152 minutes) so it has that portion of the party covered.
On top of that you get over 8 hours of extras including the following:
- Multiple THX-certified high-definition versions of the film
- All-new English 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Lossless
- Picture-in-picture of behind the scenes video, text commentaries and multimedia galleries
- Storyboard-script mode â€“ view storyboards and read the script while watching the film
- Interactive quizzes and games
- BD-Liveâ„¢ enabled, featuring games, extra content and more for internet-connected players
- Audio commentary with 26 cast and crew members
- Audio commentary with director James Cameron and co-writer William Wisher
- Enhanced for D-Boxâ„¢ Motion Control Systems
- Includes THX Optimizer
However, it doesn’t stop there as there is one more way to get your fill. In addition, the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray will be available for a limited time in the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector’s Set, a 6-disc set that allows the ultimate T2 fan to play the film anytime, anywhere! Packaged with a 14″ T-800 Endoskull bust that plays sound effects from the film while its eyes light up, this collectible set features the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray plus both the Extreme Edition DVD and Ultimate Edition DVD â€“ which, combined, include every T2 special feature ever released on DVD. As a bonus, the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector’s Set comes with a digital copy of the film for iTunes or Windows Media.
Check out the trailer below and stay tuned for purchasing options which will be added to the Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) page once available at Amazon.