How many weeks in a row has The Oracle nailed the #1 film? With this type of oracling I’ll be adding senior to my title any day now. Okay, okay, I was off 35.5m on the dollars but that was just because I forgot to carry a one on the official Oracle spreadsheet.
1. King Kong 50.1m (My rank #1, 35.5m off)
What kept the people away? Crowds? Shopping? Blizzards? Locusts? Maybe people just weren’t interested in the big ape.
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe 31.1m (My rank #2, 9.4m off)
I was over on this one too. This time of year I’m always too kind on the films. Come Jan.1 I’m back to angry predictions.
3. The Family Stone 12.7m (My rank #3, 12.0m off)
12.0m off?? The Oracle’s pipe is so full!
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 5.9m (My rank #5, .5m off)
A big drop off in the four spot. They should’ve made it a goblet of chocolate. I’ve heard women swoon for cocoa.
5. Syriana 5.4m (My rank #4, 1.7m off)
I saw this over the weekend and found myself thinking “so what?” I mean, yeah, America is greedy about the oil and all that but what’s the other side?
6. Walk the Line 3.6m (My rank: #6, 1.1m off)
Reese was awesome but she still kind of freaks me out. Just my opinion.
7. Yours, Mine, and Ours 3.4 (My rank: #7, .9m off)
I’ve heard this is just like Cheaper by the Dozen 2 but more so.
8. Brokeback Mountain 2.3 (My rank: Not Ranked)
The Oracle wasn’t sure how many theaters this film was going to be in. So much for my crack research staff, eh?
9. Just Friends 1.9m (My rank: #8, .7m off)
I’m pretty sure only friends and family of the cast are seeing it at this point.
10. Aeon Flux 1.6m (My rank: #9, .1m off)
It’s a sad, sad world when Charlize in a skin tight suit doesn’t make as much as Charlize looking like a Monster.
Weekend Box-Office Estimates
Like Laremy’s work? Buy his book here.