I’ve got to get it through my thick head that people are flocking to the movie theaters in droves. The problem is my head is oh so thick. So I’ve made myself a post-it note for next week that says “Don’t underestimate that British flick about the wizard”.
1. Chicken Little 32.0m (My rank #1, 10.1m off)
The Chicken flick didn’t fade much this week. I just wish this film finally solved the Chicken and the Egg conundrum like the trailer promised. Don’t lie to us!
2. Zathura 14.0m (My rank #2, 6.9m off)
It was a kid’s movie weekend wasn’t it? They were out there main-lining sugar and demanding double features.
3. Derailed 12.8m (My rank #4, 4.3m off)
It was a nice opening weekend but I’ve got to think word of mouth will hurt this one, unless I’m underestimating population of knuckle draggers out there.
4. Get Rich or Die Tryin’ 12.5m (My rank #5, 5.1m off)
This should be out of theaters in about three weeks. It’s goin’ away.
5. Jarhead 12.2m (My rank #3, 3.5m off)
Inspired use of Kanye West music has this puppy hanging tough just like that old NKOTB song.
6. Saw II 9.4m (My rank: #6, 2.9m off)
Jesus wasn’t walking with any of the folks who were trapped with the psycho killer in Saw II.
7. Legend of Zorro 6.6m (My rank: #7, 2.0m off)
What about the Legend of Bagger Vance? How do they compare? Please discuss.
8. Prime 3.9 (My rank: #9, 1.3m off)
What’s strange about Uma in this film is she doesn’t actually need therapy.
9. Dreamer 3.8m (My rank: #8, 1.2m off)
Just go away. And lock the Oracle door on your way out.
10. Pride and Prejudice 2.8m (My rank: Not Ranked)
I was prejudiced against this one because it was in so few locations. I was wrong and I’m man enough to admit that.
Weekend Box-Office Estimates