Lucasfilm officially reveals the Star Wars App
Following the huge Star Wars news that broke yesterday, Lucasfilm has announced a new endeavor to keep fans more well connected than ever before with the official Star Wars app.
Available now for iOS and Android devices, the fully customizable Star Wars app will contain a number of different features including:
- Instant notifications on big announcements, including trailer releases and movie news
- Light Side, Dark Side, or Droid interfaces themes, each containing different designs, sounds, and animations
- Unlock 3D characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens using a special Augmented Reality camera feature
- Take and share a Star Wars “selfie” in various iconic costumes and settings, including Jedi, Princess Leia (with hair buns), Han Solo’s carbon freeze, and more
- Get Star Wars-themed weather and five-day forecasts, featuring original art and parallax effects of in-universe planets and locales
- Wield a lightsaber and hone your skills against a training remote, as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope
- Share animated GIFs with your friends and family of memorable scenes and characters from the Star Wars movies and TV shows, including Star Wars: The Force Awakens and “Star Wars Rebels”
- Discover behind-the-scenes fun facts with This Day In Star Wars History
- Play classic sound clips and sound effects from your favorite Star Wars characters, creatures, weapons, and scenes
- Get quick updates with a snapshot news ticker
- Count down to major releases like Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: Episode VIII with an always-running timer
- Sign up for Star Wars ID and join the growing Star Wars fan community; choose an avatar and create your own handle
- Read official Star Wars news and blogs from StarWars.com, as well as app-exclusive content, including the latest on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, creator interviews, and more
- Follow official Star Wars social channels via aggregated, customizable feeds from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, and Twitter
- Watch official Star Wars videos, including movie trailers, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and more
- Discover the latest Star Wars digital apps, products, and experiences from one central hub
You can check out the trailer for the app in the player below.
Lucasfilm’s extensive film plans for the Star Wars franchise is set to kick off with Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18, followed by Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One on December 16, 2016, Star Wars: Episode VIII on May 26, 2017, and a Han Solo-centric “Star Wars Anthology” on May 25, 2018. The Lucasfilm panel is set to take place on Friday, July 10 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm in Hall H at the San Diego Comic-Con.
[Gallery not found]