Amazon Prime Video has released its full list of film and TV titles coming to the streaming service next month, including specials from Sasha Baron Cohen as part of Borat Supplemental Reportings Retrieved From Floor of Stable Containing Editing Machine; the premiere of Dom, Prime Video’s first scripted Brazilian original series; Season 2 of global espionage thriller series The Family Man; the second season of Anna Paquin’s Flack; the final season of Bosch, and more.
Additionally, starting June 1, Prime Video will feature a dedicated landing page with a curated selection of titles to honor Pride Month. The collection, titled “Live Out Loud,” will celebrate and highlight LGBTQ+ creators, actors, producers, writers, and filmmakers, and will include Amazon Originals such as Uncle Frank (2020) and The Wilds: Season 1, along with licensed titles like Rocketman (2019) and RuPaul’s Drag Race: Seasons 1-5. You can check out the full lineup below!
New on Prime Video in June:
New Amazon Originals:
● Borat Supplemental Reportings Retrieved From Floor of Stable Containing Editing Machine is a multi-part special which includes Borat: VHS Cassette of Material Deemed “Sub-acceptable” By Kazakhstan Ministry of Censorship and Circumcision, containing never before seen footage from the award-winning movie Borat Subsequent Moviefilm; Borat’s American Lockdown, letting viewers live the real-life drama of Sacha Baron Cohen, as Borat Sagdiyev, where he spends five days at the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic with two conspiracy theorists; and Debunking Borat, where the two conspiracy theorists have their theories debunked by some of the world’s leading experts. Streaming May 25
● Prime Video’s first scripted Brazilian original series, Dom, is inspired by the infamous true story of a father and son on opposite sides of the war on drugs in Rio. The series follows Victor, a military intelligence agent who makes the war on drugs his life’s mission. In an unfortunate twist of fate, he witnesses his own son struggle with addiction and emerge as one of the most wanted crime lords in Rio: Pedro Dom. Streaming June 4
● The global espionage thriller The Family Man returns for a second season. Srikant Tiwari (Manoj Bajpayee) has quit TASC and works in the private sector to spend more time with the family. A powerful new enemy forces him to return. Srikant has to now uncover and thwart a dangerous coalition between an old foe and a dormant group of militants. But the danger is much closer to home. This time around, nobody is safe! Streaming June 4
● Set in a world of high-stakes public relations, starring Anna Paquin from X-Men as Robyn, a flack; a sharp and witty PR agent who’s an expert at her craft but a self-saboteur when it comes to her personal life. With PR as the perfect backdrop, Flack (Season 2) centers on Robyn and her colleagues who must figure out how to make the best of bad situations and manage to get out unscathed. Available in UHD. Streaming June 11
● Chivas: El Rebaño Sagrado follows the latest season of the beloved Mexican soccer team Chivas de Guadalajara, showing never-before-seen moments and documenting some of the greatest personalities on the team both on and off the pitch. The series features key team members including president of Club Deportivo Guadalajara, Amaury Vergara, new sports director Ricardo Peláez, former team manager Fernando Tena, and top talent like José Juan Macías, Gilberto ‘Tiba’ Sepúlveda, Antonio ‘Pollo’ Briseño, and Cristian ‘Chicote’ Calderón. Streaming June 18
● Based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling novel The Burning Room and the real arson case that inspired it, the seventh and final season of Bosch puts Detective Harry Bosch’s famous motto center stage: “Everybody counts or nobody counts.” When a ten-year-old girl dies in an arson fire, Detective Harry Bosch risks everything to bring her killer to justice despite opposition from powerful forces. The highly charged, politically sensitive case forces Bosch to face a grueling dilemma of how far he is willing to go to achieve justice. Streaming June 25
● September Mornings (Manhãs de Setembro) charts the journey of Cassandra (Liniker), who starts to see things get on track in her life with a place of her own for the first time with a boyfriend she loves, a job as a courier in downtown São Paulo, and fulfilling her dream of being a cover artist of Vanusa, a famous Brazilian singer from the 70s. Her life takes an unexpected turn, however, when her ex, Leide (Karine Teles), shows up with Gersinho (Gustavo Coelho) and claims he is Cassandra’s son. Streaming June 25
Collection Spotlight: Black Joy
● Prime Video is celebrating Black Joy with a curated collection featuring films and series that celebrate love, laughter, and overall Black excellence. Included in this collection are Amazon Originals such as Coming 2 America (2021) and Sylvie’s Love (2020), along with licensed titles including Sister, Sister: Seasons 1-6 and Moesha: Seasons 1-6.
See Us Unite For Change
● Ken Jeong hosts a night to honor and celebrate the Asian American experience with special guests, short films, and music performances from Black Eyed Peas, Sting, Jhene Aiko, Saweetie, and more. See Us Unite for Change is streaming now and available through May 31st.
New Movies and Shows to Prime Video:
● Brad Pitt and Edward Norton star in Fight Club (1999), a daring, controversial tale about a violent revolt against capitalism and corporate culture. Streaming June 1
● Season 2 of Britannia takes place two years into General Aulus Plautius’ (David Morrissey) invasion of Britannia. Aulus is busy Romanising willing Celt tribes with the help of Celtic Queen Amena (Annabel Scholey) and crushing those who try to resist. Streaming June 4
● In season 4 of Billions, former enemies Bobby Axelrod (Damian Lewis) and Chuck Rhoades (Paul Giamatti), and Wendy Rhoades (Maggie Siff) have come together to form an uneasy but highly effective alliance aimed at the eradication of all their rivals. Streaming June 9
● Academy Award-winner Roberto Benigni stars as Geppetto in the enchantingly reimagined Pinocchio (2020), about a puppet that magically comes to life and dreams of being a real boy. Streaming June 11
Prime Video Channels Sampling:
● Prime members have access to the first season of select shows and select movies on Prime Video Channels at no additional cost to their membership. This list will be refreshed with titles each month and will only be available for a limited time. Shows and movies streaming June 1 include:
○ American Experience: Stonewall Uprising (2011) (PBS Documentaries)
New on IMDb TV (Amazon’s free streaming service) in June
IMDb TV Original
● Timewasters is a half-hour comedy about a struggling four-piece jazz band from South London who travels back in time. Transported via a “time machine” they discover in a rundown apartment building elevator, the foursome finds itself exploring and navigating the complexities and nuances of the Jazz Age in 1920s London in season one and jumps back to the 1950s during the dawn of rock ‘n’ roll in season two. Streaming June 11
New Movies and Shows to IMDb TV
● Annie (2014) – A foster kid (Quvenzhané Wallis), who lives with her mean foster mom (Cameron Diaz), sees her life change when business tycoon and New York City mayoral candidate Will Stacks (Jamie Foxx) makes a thinly-veiled campaign move and takes her in. Streaming June 1
● Escape Plan (2013) – When a structural-security authority (Sylvester Stallone) finds himself set up and incarcerated in the world’s most secret and secure prison, he has to use his skills to escape with help from the inside. Streaming June 1
● Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) – Directed by Guillermo del Toro, when a prince of the mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule the Earth, Hellboy and his team must fight to stop him from locating the all-powerful Golden Army. Streaming June 1
● Pain & Gain (2013) – A trio of bodybuilders (Dwayne Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, and Anthony Mackie) in Florida get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong. Streaming June 1
● Prime Video and the NFL Announce 2021 Thursday Night Football Schedule – On May 12, Amazon and the NFL announced the 2021 Thursday Night Football schedule on Prime Video, which kicks off on October 7 as the Los Angeles Rams take on the Seattle Seahawks in a rematch of last year’s Super Wild Card Weekend showdown. The 2021 schedule continues the tradition of Prime Video streaming 11 regular-season games—and will be the last season Prime Video shares the Thursday Night Football package with FOX and the NFL Network. Beginning with the 2022 season, Prime Video will carry 15 exclusive Thursday Night Football games per year and one pre-season game per year through the 2032 season.
● WNBA on Prime Video – On May 12, Amazon and the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) announced a multi-year agreement giving Prime Video exclusive global streaming rights to 16 WNBA games per season, as well as the Commissioner’s Cup Game on Sunday, August 12. Prime Video’s WNBA coverage tipped off on Saturday, May 29, and will continue with several matchups in June. The WNBA on Prime Video will be available across hundreds of compatible devices worldwide as part of a Prime membership (excluding China, Japan, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Finland, and Germany). June’s matchups are below:
○ Friday, June 4 – Dallas @ Seattle, 10 p.m. ET
● Yankees on Prime Video (in the Tri-State area) – New York Yankees baseball continues on Prime Video in June with two matchups airing throughout the Yankees home-team footprint this month.
● Seattle Sounders FC on Prime Video (in Washington state) – Sounders FC action continues in June with three matches streaming on Prime Video this month to Prime members in Washington state.
See below for a list of June titles available on Prime Video and IMDb TV.
Prime Video New in June – Available to Prime members at no additional cost to their membership
Borat Supplemental Reportings Retrieved From Floor of Stable Containing Editing Machine – Amazon Original Special (2021)
American Experience: Stonewall Uprising (2011) (PBS Documentaries)
Dom – Amazon Original Series: Season 1
Billions: Season 4
Flack – Amazon Original Series: Season 2
Chivas: El Rebaño Sagrado – Amazon Original Series: Season 1
Bosch – Amazon Original Series: Season 7
IMDb TV New in June – Available for free, no Prime membership needed.
Secrets and Lies S1-2
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi