Tribeca Film Festival debuting select programming online
A few weeks after announcing that the 19th Annual Tribeca Film Festival, which was scheduled to run from April 15-26, would be cancelled due to global pandemic concerns, it’s been announced that select programming from the event will be debuting online!
RELATED: SXSW Partnering With Amazon To Stream Films From Cancelled Fest
Though the dates for the main festival have yet to be announced, Tribeca continues to support the filmmaker and creators that embody the Festival’s innovative spirit since its inception and with audiences looking for a variety of stories and entertainment, they are looking to explore different forms of storytelling and ways to connect with audiences.
The full list of online programming includes:
- Tribeca Immersive’s Cinema360 – publicly available, consumer-focused and accessible on Oculus TV, Oculus Go and Oculus Quest starting April 17.
- Tribeca is one of the first and only festivals to introduce this curated immersive experience to consumers.
- Jury and Art Awards – winners for all categories, including Tribeca X, will be announced via tribecafilm.com within the window of the original festival dates
- Among the creative community joining the jury this year are: Danny Boyle, Aparna Nancherla, Regina Hall, Yance Ford, Lucas Hedges, Pamela Adlon, Marti Noxon, Asia Kate Dillon and Sheila Nevins.
- N.O.W. Creators Market – private industry-only online market that brings together storytellers to pitch new projects to a wide-range of industry executives
- Industry Extranet Resource Hub – industry-facing access to select films and programs
- Tribeca X Awards – finalists will be showcased publicly on www.tribecafilm.com as of Friday, April 3
RELATED: 2020 Overlook Film Festival Postponed Indefinitely
In addition, Tribeca has already launched these proactive initiatives:
- A Short Film a Day Keeps Anxiety Away – a daily curated online short film series featuring select award winning shorts and online premieres from multiple Tribeca alumni
- Soundtrack Sunday – live performances and celebrity soundtrack selections happening across Tribeca social media channels
- #TribecaTakeoutChallenge – an Instagram call-to-action campaign to inspire people to support their local restaurants while watching their favorite film.
Tribeca is one of a number of festivals to have been canceled due to global health concerns including Cannes, SXSW and more.
ComingSoon.net recommends all readers comply with CDC guidelines and remain as isolated as possible during this urgent time.