Sonic the Hedgehog digital special features unveiled!
We’re still a week away from the early online debut of Paramount Pictures’ hit video game adaptation Sonic the Hedgehog and now the studio has unveiled the special features fans can access from purchasing the digital edition, including bloopers and deleted scenes! Purchase your digital copy of Sonic the Hedgehog here!
The bonus features on the digital edition, 4K UHD and Blu-ray include:
- Commentary by director Jeff Fowler and the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwartz
- Around the World in 80 Seconds—See Sonic’s next adventure!
- Deleted Scenes—Director Jeff Fowler introduces deleted scenes
- Bloopers—Laugh along with Jim Carrey and the cast
- “Speed Me Up” Music Video
- For the Love of Sonic—Jim Carrey and the cast discuss what Sonic the Hedgehog means to them
- Building Robotnik with Jim Carrey—See Jim Carrey bring supervillain Dr. Robotnik to life
- The Blue Blur: Origins of Sonic—Explore the origins of the legendary Blue Blur
- Sonic On Set—Visit the set with the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwartz
In addition to making the film available early on digital platforms, Paramount has also announced the iconic adventure game adaptation is set to hit shelves on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on May 19 and renting on discs at Redbox and similar businesses around the same time.
The decision to release the film early digitally comes as Warner Bros. recently moved up the online debuts of Birds of Prey, The Way Back and Just Mercy to March 24, while fellow studio Sony has bumped up Bloodshot‘s debut, STX’s The Gentlemen and Disney’s Frozen II and Onward, while Universal has released The Hunt and The Invisible Man early and are planning to release Trolls World Tour simultaneously online and in theaters in April.
The film was originally set to hit theaters this past November but after very negative reviews from audiences surrounding the design of the iconic character, Paramount delayed the release to February 14, 2020, with the goal of redesigning Sonic to better fit his look from the video games, and the move worked, scoring positive reviews from critics and audiences alike and grossing over $306 million at the global box office on a $95 million production budget.
Written by Patrick Casey (Golan the Insatiable), Josh Miller (Golan the Insatiable) and Oren Uziel (The Cloverfield Paradox), the film follows Tom Wachowski, a cop in the rural town of Green Hills, who decides to help Sonic escape from the government looking to capture him. The film is directed by Jeff Fowler and executive produced by Tim Miller (Terminator: Dark Fate).
The cast for Sonic the Hedgehog includes Jim Carrey (Kidding) as Sonic’s rival, Doctor Robotnik/Eggman, James Marsden (Westworld) as Wachowski, a police officer who teams up with Sonic; Adam Pally (The Mindy Project) as Tom’s fellow police officer, Tika Sumpter (Ride Along), and Natasha Rothwell (Wonder Woman 1984). Ben Schwartz (Parks and Rec) provides the voice for Sonic in the film.