Scream Factorys Summer of Fear has a cool Craven sidebar with The People Under the Stairs, The Serpent and the Rainbow and Shocker all on the way. Today, theyve revealed full details on the Collectors Edition of People, one of the Elm Street legends wackiest treasures.
The People Under the Stairs is a nutty piece of work about extreme class and racial disparity. It certainly boasts a tremendous title and has become a fan favorite thanks to its out-of-control turns from Twin Peaks vets Everett McGill and Wendy Robie. In the film, Trapped inside the fortified home owned by a mysterious couple, a young boy is suddenly thrust into a nightmare, quickly learning the true nature of the house’s homicidal inhabitants and the secret creatures hidden deep within the house.
The People Under the Stairs is out August 11th on Collectors Blu. Below, find the full details, including a host of new interviews and commentary.
The People Under The Stairs (Collectors Edition) Special Features:
- Audio Commentary with writer/director Wes Craven
- Audio Commentary with actors Brandon Adams, A.J. Langer, Sean Whalen, and Yan Birch
- House Mother an interview with actress Wendy Robie
- What Lies Beneath interviews with special make-up effects Artists Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger and Robert Kurtzman
- House of Horrors an interview with director of photography Sandi Sissel
- Settling The Score an interview with composer Don Peake
- Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- Vintage Making of Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Galleries (Original Storyboards and Official Stills)