Much like how the previously-announced LEGO Dimensions is seeking to enter the toys-to-life arena dominated by Disney Infinity and Skylanders, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games have announced another new title with LEGO Worlds, a fully customizable game in the vein of the ever popular Minecraft.
The developer announced that the game is now available via Steam’s Early Access, with the goal of allowing the gaming community to provide feedback for continual improvements and the integration of additional content over time, and wrote the following in a statement:
“LEGO Worlds will be a fully open-world, creativity-driven game so we want to ensure that we provide it with the utmost care and attention as we expand on our ideas. So much of this game will be about building and sharing and by sharing our plans with the community, we hope to incorporate their feedback and build an experience together that fans of LEGO and this genre of video games can enjoy….The current plan for LEGO Worlds is to be in Early Access through 2015 at which point we hope to have our full list of features in place. We’ll evaluate a release candidate in early 2016, but we won’t consider the game complete and ready for release until we believe our community feels we have delivered a great game.”
LEGO Worlds is a galaxy of procedurally-generated Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which you can freely manipulate and dynamically populate with LEGO models. Explore each World and unlock new discoveries: from cowboys and giraffes to vampires and polar bears, to steamrollers, race cars, and colossal digging machines! Use the multi-tool to shape environments and alter any World to your liking: raise the terrain to create vast mountain ranges, or enter the Brick-by-Brick editor to build anything you can imagine. Save your creations to build with them again. LEGO Worlds enables you to populate your Worlds with many weird and wonderful characters, creatures, models, and driveable vehicles, and then play out your own unique adventures. Probably not worth upsetting the Skeletons though…
Explore and Discover the Surprises within LEGO Worlds:
• Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
• Make your worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
• Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
Create and Customize your own LEGO World:
• Build any world you can imagine using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated LEGO structures
• Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
• Customize your characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
• Play with a select number of real-life LEGO sets, taken from the Classic and current LEGO themes!
• Export your creations and save them to use again.
Expand your LEGO World:
• More content, features, and new LEGO play sets to be added in future updates.
You can check out the full trailer for LEGO Worlds in the player below!
Announcement Trailer for LEGO Worlds, an Immersive and Fully Customizable Adventure - ComingSoon.net