Adult Swim and Crunchyroll have revealed the characters and voice cast for its upcoming animated series Blade Runner: Black Lotus, inspired by the Blade Runner franchise.
The English and Japanese voice cast will include some big names in the world of acting, including Jessica Henwick, Arisa Shida, Will Fun Lee, Shinshu Fuji, Samira Wiley, Takako Honda, Brian Cox, Wes Bentley, Josh Duhamel, Taiten Kusunoki, Peyton List, Yoshiko Sakakibara, Stephen Root, Hochu Otsuka, Barkhad Abdi, Takayuka Kinba, Gregg Henry, Masane Tsukayama, Henry Czerny, Akio Nojima, Jason Spisak, and Kazuki Yao.
The cast is a star-studded bunch, and the characters they’ll be portraying have also been revealed. You can check out the characters and their respective voice actors below:
- Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose, voiced by Jessica Henwick / Arisa Shida
- Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles, voiced by Will Yun Lee / Shinshu Fuji
- Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit new to the scene, voiced by Samira Wiley / Takako Honda
- Niander Wallace Sr, the founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation, voiced by Brian Cox / Takaya Hashi
- Niander Wallace Jr, a brilliant scientist working for his father, voiced by Wes Bentley / Takehito Koyasu
- Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner, voiced by Josh Duhamel / Taiten Kusunoki
- Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief, voiced by Peyton List / Yoshiko Sakakibara
- Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD, voiced by Stephen Root / Hochu Otsuka
- Doc Badger, a black market dealer, voiced by Barkhad Abdi / Takayuki Kinba
- Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production, voiced by Gregg Henry / Masane Tsukayama
- Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine, voiced by Henry Czerny / Akio Nojima
- Hooper, a journalist who is in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation, voiced by Jason Spisak / Kazuki Yao
Adult Swim will be airing the English language version of the series during their Toonami programming block, with Crunchyroll streaming the series in Japanese with subtitles. A first look at the series is set to be unveiled during the show’s panel at [email protected] 2021, which is set to take place on 8 p.m. ET on July 23, 2021, with panelists including Aramaki Kamiyama, Joseph Chou (executive producer), Wes Gleason (voice director), Henwick (voice of Elle), and Jason DeMarco (co-creator of Toonami/senior vice-president and creative director for Adult Swim/moderator).