AT&T U-verse customers will be the first in North America to find out what animated favorites Wallace and Gromit are up to in their latest comedic escapade. AT&T and Aardman Animations today announced that AT&T U-verse TV will exclusively feature the U.S. premiere of the new Wallace and Gromit short film, “A Matter of Loaf and Death.”
The film will make its U.S. debut to all U-verse TV customers on June 5, available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library. Beginning June 1, clips of the famous cheese lover and his canine friend will also appear on AT&T wireless devices through CV-Video (Video On Demand) and on UConnect.ATT.com, a site for U-verse TV customers that features the latest U-verse TV programming and television events.
“Wallace and Gromit are followed by fans worldwide, and we’re very proud to be the first U.S. distributor to offer this new family-friendly film to our customers” said Jeff Weber, president of video services, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “This is the perfect example of how our three-screen capabilities provide value to our millions of TV, wireless and broadband customers, and also give AT&T an exclusive opportunity to work with leaders in the entertainment industry to deliver their compelling content to audiences across devices.”
“Aardman continues to embrace new and innovative ways for consumers to enjoy our work,” said Robin Gladman, Digital Content Manager at Aardman Animations. “Digital platforms are now an integral part of getting Aardman productions to audiences worldwide. AT&T is a fantastic example of this and sets a new standard with the U.S. premiere of the critically acclaimed ‘A Matter of Loaf and Death’ on a digital platform.”
The Wallace and Gromit content available on three screens from AT&T will include:
* “A Matter of Loaf and Death” short film. Available June 5-7 for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library. Available for $4 rental beginning June 8. Rated PG.
* “A Grand Day Out”, “The Wrong Trousers” and “A Close Shave” short films. Available in the Wallace and Gromit Fun Pack (includes all three short films plus “A Matter of Loaf and Death”) for $7 in the U-verse TV On Demand library beginning June 8.
* “A Matter of Loaf and Death” making-of documentary. A 22-minute documentary on the making of the latest Wallace and Gromit short film. Available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library and on uconnect.att.com.
* Cracking Contraptions. A series of 10 two-minute short films featuring some of Wallace and Gromit’s most outrageous inventions. Available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library, online at uconnect.att.com and on mobile handsets via CV.
* “A Matter of Loaf and Death” trailer and clips from all the short films in the series will be available in the U-verse TV On Demand library, online at UConnect.ATT.com and on mobile handsets via CV.
CV is available on 3G handsets to customers who subscribe to an unlimited data package. Unlimited data packages are available to feature phone users for $15 per month and to smartphone users for $30 per month.
Directed by Academy Award winning Nick Park of the U.K. based Aardman Animations, “A Matter of Loaf and Death” features Wallace and Gromit, who have just opened up a new bakery to booming business, but a deadly “cereal” killer is on the loose murdering all the other bakers in the town. Gromit is worried that they may be the next victims, though Wallace seems oblivious to the danger as usual, distracted by a new love interest. Gromit soon makes a shocking discovery which points to the killer’s true identity. U-verse TV customers will find out if he can save his master from becoming the next baker to be butchered.