Earlier this month, AMC officially ordered a pilot episode for the upcoming “companion series” of their hit show “The Walking Dead,” but just like when the project was first announced last year we know very little about the focus of the new series. Now, TVLine brings a listing of the main characters from the series with a brief description of each of them.
– SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.
– CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
– NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.
– NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
– ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.
– ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.
As the series is said to be wholly original and not based on any of the comics or games in particular, it’s safe to assume these aren’t characters fans are familiar with. In addition, the names of these characters could simply be placeholders as auditions for the series continue to take place. Though also unconfirmed, the series is rumored to be a prequel of sorts, focusing on the early days of the zombie infection, which Rick Grimes of “The Walking Dead” luckily missed out on.
The pilot is scheduled for production in late 2014. No additional details are being provided about the location and/or casting for the pilot at this time.
The highly-anticipated fifth season of “The Walking Dead” returns to AMC on October 12. “The Walking Dead” is based on the comic book series created and written by Robert Kirkman and published by Skybound, Kirkman’s imprint at Image Comics.