Movie News

Ghostbusters 3 Shoot Delayed Until Next Fall?

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
October 31, 2012

The Hollywood Reporter has a brief update on the long-in-the-works Ghostbusters 3:

Any decision on Ghostbusters III, the long, long gestating sequel, has been postponed until the end of March — this after Men in Black 3 writer Etan Cohen was paid a huge sum for a script. Shooting was to begin next summer but now couldn’t start before fall at best.

A previous report said Ivan Reitman would return to the director's chair. Dan Aykroyd previously confirmed that the plot will revolve around a new generation of Ghostbusters and hinted at the states of his and Harold Ramis' characters.

"My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can't drive the cadillac," he said, "He's got a bad knee and can't carry the packs... Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that's the promise. We're gonna hand it to a new generation."

The fall start would probably still allow the third installment to open in 2014, which is the original film's 30th anniversary.





From Around the Web

comments powered by Disqus
Follow ComingSoon.net on Twitter
MOST ACTIVE
From our partners