When EON Productions was looking for their James Bond 007 for the 21st Century, they turned to Daniel Craig, an actor who had already established himself in strong dramas like Matthew Vaughn's Layer Cake
, Sam Mendes' Road to Perdition
, Steven Spielberg's Munich
and others. It was a daring choice, but one that's definitely paid off as Craig has become one of the definitive Bonds in recent years.
It's been four years since Quantum of Solace
and for his third go-round as Bond and the 23rd official Bond movie Skyfall
, Craig reunites with director Sam Mendes who had him do a lot of new things like riding a motorcycle, as well as having some of the fun experienced by earlier Bonds, delivering one-liners and flirting with and bedding the beautiful women he meets while on his latest mission.
A few weeks back, ComingSoon.net attended the New York junket for Skyfall
and had a chance to talk to Craig. Now mind you, we usually only get four minutes for these sorts of things, but in the video interview below, you can hear the actor talking about:
* Bringing vulnerability to James Bond
* Whether it helped to go back to "Casino Royale" for his first movie
* Some of the new challenges thrown Bond's way
* His scenes with Dame Judi Dench as M
* Whether it will be easier to jump into the next movie (He jokes that "Exploding volcanoes and underground submarines bases are the way forward")
* Whether he has any updates on when he and Fincher might make "The Girl Who Played with Fire" (He tells us they're not sure when it's going to happen)
* It's up to Sony to decide whether to make another Bond movie first
Skyfall opens internationally on Friday, October 26, but North Americans will have to wait until November 8 for the IMAX release and November 9 for conventional theaters. Look for interviews with director Sam Mendes, Javier Bardem and more in the coming weeks!