Movie News

So You're Telling Me There's a Chance? Dumb & Dumber Sequel Still Possible

Source: CraveOnline
August 6, 2012

In June, it was reported that Jim Carrey had exited Dumb & Dumber 2, which was originally scheduled to start shooting next month with both Carrey and Jeff Daniels reprising their roles from the hit 1994 comedy.

Back then, Carrey said: "I would have thought Dumb and Dumber Two was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title."

But things may have changed since then. Speaking at a recent press event for "The Newsroom" (via CraveOnline), Daniels said things have just been moved back.

“Jim wants to do it. I want to do it. The Farrellys want to do it. They want to rewrite the script a little bit and they aren’t trying to jam it in before I have to go back and do ‘Newsroom’ in November. So they’re going, ‘Why don’t we just do it right? Let’s get everybody organized to go next May or June.’ If everything works out on the business side, that’s what we’ll do but I think there’s more hope than ever," Daniels said.

He added that he understood why Carrey backed out previously. "...This has been a year and a half of a whole bunch of are we, aren’t we, what’s going on, yeah the script’s funny, no it’s not, now we have to have notes. So I think Jim just got frustrated and I completely got it. I was frustrated too. We thought it was in pretty good shape. The studio and others wanted some more work done it. The Farrellys wanted more work done on it so they got working on it and I think last week they decided to push the shooting of it to next year, possibly because I wasn’t going to move 'The Newsroom.'"

What do you think? Would you like to see a sequel to the original film?





From Around the Web

comments powered by Disqus
Follow ComingSoon.net on Twitter
MOST ACTIVE
From our partners