Movie News

Hutcherson Says He Couldn't Imagine Making Catching Fire Without Ross

Source: ComingSoon.net
April 10, 2012

Over the last week, there have been a lot of rumors stating that The Hunger Games director Gary Ross would not direct the sequel, Catching Fire. Yesterday we learned, however, that Ross was still meeting with Lionsgate to figure things out.

While Ross has not officially signed on for the follow-up to the film that has earned an impressive $463.7 million worldwide, ComingSoon.net talked to Josh Hutcherson today who says he couldn't imagine doing the next film without the filmmaker.

"There is not much doubt in my mind he'll be doing it. I think so. I don't think there's a chance he won't," Hutcherson told us. The actor, who plays Peeta, added: "He killed the first one, absolutely knocked it out of the park. Everyone loved him. Myself, Jennifer and the others loved him. I couldn't imagine making another movie without him, so that's what I have to say about that..." [smiles]

The studio's goal is to start shooting in August so that filming can be completed before Jennifer Lawrence has to start the X-Men: First Class sequel at Fox. That doesn't give Ross a lot of time for pre-production.

Catching Fire is scheduled for a November 22, 2013 release.





From Around the Web

comments powered by Disqus
Follow ComingSoon.net on Twitter
MOST ACTIVE
From our partners