Ghostbusters Getting Theatrical Re-Release and 30th Anniversary Blu-ray Set
Sony Pictures Entertainment
June 5, 2014
Sony Pictures Entertainment has announced today that the fan-favorite Ghostbusters will be making its way back into more than 700 theaters on August 29 in celebration of the film's 30th Anniversary. In addition, the film and its sequel will be released on Blu-ray on September 16th featuring some brand new content, including:
GHOSTBUSTERS Blu-ray Special Features:
- NEW! Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 1)
- NEW! Poster Art Gallery – Gallery 1988 artwork
- NEW! “Ghostbusters” Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
- Legacy Content:
-- Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
-- Commentary w/ Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
-- 10 Deleted Scenes
-- 1984 Featurette
-- Cast and Crew Featurette
-- SFX Team Featurette
-- Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
-- Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons
GHOSTBUSTERS II Blu-ray Special Features:
- NEW! Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 2)
- NEW! Deleted Scenes
- NEW! “On Our Own” Music Video – Bobby Brown
Commenting on the announcement, Rory Bruer, president, Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, said, "'Ghostbusters' is still one of our studio's most beloved franchises Ė I was lucky enough to work on the release of the film on its first run, so itís a real thrill for me to see that itís still connecting with audiences everywhere. On the big screen or in home entertainment, this is a great movie to experience again and again."
Today also marks the premiere of the new website, Ghostbusters.com, where fans can access new franchise offerings, including collectible merchandise, music, and more. Fans can register for updates, unique video content, as well as Ghostbusters news.
Check out the packaging for the Ghostbusters Blu-ray set below!