Movie News

Ghostbusters Reboot to Shoot in Early 2015!

Source: Deadline
March 18, 2014

Following the tragic loss of Harold Ramis last month, it was reported that the script for a third Ghostbusters film was being reworked. Now, Deadline brings word that Ivan Reitman is stepping down as the film's director and will help in finding a replacement as the studio targets an early 2015 production in the Big Apple.

The storyline is rumored to focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters with cameos from the original stars written into the script.

"[W]e now have a draft that is very good," Reitman tells the outlet. "That the studio is very excited about... Itís a version of 'Ghostbusters' that has the originals in a very minor role. When I came back from Haroldís funeral, it was really moving and it made me think about a lot of things. Iíd just finished directing Draft Day, which Iím really happy with and proud of. Working on a film that is smaller and more dramatic was so much fun and satisfying. I just finally met with Amy and Doug Belgrad when I got back. I said Iíd been thinking about it for weeks, that Iíd rather just produce this Ghostbusters. I told them I thought I could help but letís find a really good director and make it with him. So thatís what weíve agreed will happen."

Check back for updates on the project as the become available!





From Around the Web

comments powered by Disqus
Follow ComingSoon.net on Twitter
MOST ACTIVE
From our partners