Movie News

Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight on Indefinite Hold Following Script Leak

Source: Deadline
January 21, 2014

The film's title revealed earlier this month, Quentin Tarantino's planned Western, The Hateful Eight, is now on indefinite hold following a script leak in Hollywood. A decidedly upset Tarantino today tells Deadline that he will move forward with another screenplay and that the script for The Hateful Eight will, for the time being, see publication instead.

"I'm not making this next," Tarantino says. "I'm going to publish it, and that's it for now. I give it out to six people and, if I can't trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I'll publish it. I'm done. I'll move on to the next thing. I've got ten more where that came from."

In fact, Tarantino seems to already know what will take The Hateful Eight's place on his schedule.

"The idea was, I was going to write two scripts," he explains of the Western's origins. "I wasn't going to shoot the Western until next winter and I have been full of piss and vinegar about the other one. So now I'll do that one.

Among the actors said to have been sent copies of The Hateful Eight are Bruce Dern, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth. Tarantino also implies that parts had been written for both Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson, but that neither talent had yet been sent the screenplay.

(Photo Credit: Daniel Tanner / WENN.com)





From Around the Web

comments powered by Disqus
Follow ComingSoon.net on Twitter
MOST ACTIVE
From our partners