Kick-Ass 2 Set for DVD and Blu-ray Release December 17
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
October 15, 2013
Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that Kick-Ass 2 will arrive on digital platforms on December 3 and Blu-ray and DVD December 17. Read the full press release below to see all the special features included.
The holidays will pack an extra punch this year as Kick-Ass 2, the second installment in the irreverent action-comedy franchise, comes to Blu-ray™ Combo Pack including Blu-ray™, DVD, Digital HD with UltraViolet™ and On Demand on December 17, 2013, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film will also be available on Digital HD on December 3, 2013. In addition to more than an hour of behind-the-scenes featurettes, filmmaker commentary, and extended scenes, the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack also comes with an exclusive alternate opening.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Savage, Anna Karenina), Chloe Grace Moretz (Carrie, Let Me In) and Christopher Mintz-Plasse (This is the End, Pitch Perfect) return for another action-packed, over-the-top round of extreme crime fighting, joined this time by Jim Carrey (Yes Man, Anchorman: The Legend Continues), Donald Faison ("Scrubs," Remember the Titans), John Leguizamo (Ice Age, One for the Money) and Morris Chestnut (The Call, Identity Thief).
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™.
Bonus Features Available Exclusively on Blu-ray™
- Alternate Opening with commentary by writer and director Jeff Wadlo
- Big Daddy Returns: The Unshot Scene with commentary by writer and director Jeff Wadlow
- An Ass-Kicking Cast: In this featurette, we'll go behind the scenes with returning stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse, as well as new cast members Jim Carrey and Olga Kurkulina to talk about the camaraderie during shooting as Jeff Wadlow guided his actors through outrageous action set-pieces.
- Street Rules: Showdown At The Evil Lair—In a scene that took over two grueling weeks to shoot, Kick-Ass, Hit Girl, and their legion of home-grown heroes square off against the Toxic Mega C***s in a no-holds-barred war that is as action-packed as it is hilarious. This featurette will explore the intricate fight choreography required for this searing death match from multiple viewpoints such as storyboards, stunt pre-viz and behind-the-scenes footage.
- Hit Girl Attacks: Creating the Van Sequence
Bonus Features on Blu-ray™ and DVD
- EXTENDED SCENES with commentary by Jeff Wadlow
- UPPING THE GAME: In this revealing featurette, we will delve into the creative story process leading up to production and discover the origins of this latest incarnation of Kick-Ass.
- Going Ballistic: Weapons & Stunts—Discover how the actors and stunt performers crafted the on-screen carnage as Armorer Damian Mitchell showcases the film's vast arsenal of weapons, from firearms to the Colonel's custom-made axe handle and the pink nunchucks wielded by Hit-Girl. Special-effects supervisor Sam Conway explains how the maelstrom of mayhem was created under the watchful eye of director Jeff Wadlow, second unit director Dave Reid and stunt supervisor James O'Donnell.
- Creating A Badass World: Production designer Russell De Rozario, costume designer Sammy Sheldon and hair and makeup designer Fae Hammond collaborated very closely with Jeff Wadlow to creating the heightened reality of Kick-Ass 2. Journey through the jaw-dropping sets created for the Justice Forever Headquarters and the incredibly elaborate man cave known as The Evil Lair. Also learn how the multitude of unique and badass costumes were created and inspired the cast.
- Feature Commentary with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Jeff Wadlow