We're back! Here's all the latest "Star Wars" information that popped up in the last week as well as a Star Wars: Episode VII
nugget that hit while we were on hiatus. Enjoy!
Episode VII and Spinoff Movie News Summary
The biggest news to come out over our hiatus was a breakdown of the "Episode VII" characters from a casting call sheet. The news broke over at Bleeding Cool
on June 19:
Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesnít need to be particularly fit.
A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
Forty something male, fit, military type.
Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesnít need to be fit.
confirmed with Lucasfilm that the casting call sheet was legitimate. So, apparently, they need a lot of fit people.
Around The Web
The Hollywood Reporter
- On June 22, George Lucas married longtime girlfriend Mellody Hobson. On June 29, they celebrated with friends in Chicago. Guests included Mark Hamill, Hayden Christensen, Robin Williams, and more and also featured a performance by Prince (yes, really).
- For fans following "Star Wars" on Twitter, the official site has a handy dandy list of official hashtags they'll be using to chat about all things "Star Wars" related. Three official Twitter accounts are also listed.
Star Wars Hashtags
Star Wars Twitter Accounts
For an even more in depth listing of "Star Wars" Twitter accounts, visit Club Jade
- Remember the Pringles contest to create a Star Wars-themed commercial? Here's the big winner:
Visit the link for more winners.
- Rumors continue to swirl about the scope of Disney's plans for Star Wars-themed areas of their parks, and it appears the plans may be bigger than anyone realized.
- Ewan McGregor was awarded the OBE at Buckingham Palace in the UK. Visit the link for details as well as photos of Obi-Wan getting the OBE in a kilt.
Everything Is Terrible
- C-3PO raps in this 1980's commercial for Star Tours:
- Star Wars-inspired booze bottles
- A wookiee belly dancer with a Klingon band. Words fail me.
Check out the original screen test for the prototype Boba Fett armor from June 28, 1978.
- Michael Rooker, Steve Jones and CM Punk in a Star Wars Fan Film to promote Course for the Force.
- George Lucas filmed a video to promote his Cultural Arts Museum project
- The Walt Disney Co.'s board has extended Robert A. Igerís role as CEO through 2016. As the man who was responsible for bringing Star Wars to Disney, this should be of interest to fans.
- Man runs a mile dressed as Darth Vader in 129 degree heat.
- A documentary about poster artist Drew Struzan will debut at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. Here's the trailer:
The White House
- George Lucas is going to be honored with the 2012 National Medal of Arts on July 10th.
- I'll see your Jesus in toast and raise you a Yoda on a pig's forehead.
Star Wars takes over Club Penguin on July 25th! Here's the trailer:
Book & Comic News
- Jeffrey Brown, author of "Darth Vader and Son," talks about his upcoming Star Wars book "Jedi Academy."
Check out the trailer for William Shakespeare's Star Wars:
- Join the new Del Rey SWAT and earn free Star Wars merchandise.
- Check out an excerpt from the upcoming "Kenobi" novel by John Jackson Miller