Casting Breakdown Reveals Potential Character Types for Star Wars: Episode VII
June 19, 2013
Bleeding Cool has managed to get their hands on what they claim is a breakdown of the lead roles in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. Here are the descriptions they have of the characters:
- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
- A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
- Forty something male, fit, military type.
- Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
Keep in mind that this is not confirmed, but any guesses on who these characters might be? These are, of course, subject to change, but feel free to sound off with your theories below!
Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Michael Arndt and is scheduled for a 2015 release. Production on the film will be set up in the UK and casting for the film has allegedly begun today.
UPDATE:TheForce.net reports that Lucasfilm spokesman Miles Perkins has confirmed that the listing is correct.