Movie News

Sam Mendes Will Return, Says James Bond Producer Barbara Broccoli

Source: Getty Images Entertainment
March 25, 2013

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Sam Mendes had declined to return as director for the next James Bond film. Speaking with Getty Images Entertainment today, however, producer Barbara Broccoli said that she and fellow producer Michael G. Wilson aren't going to let the Skyfall director leave the franchise that easily.

“We will get him back," she says. "We haven’t given up hope... Maybe not for the next one… but we will get him back again.”

“We are working on him," Wilson adds. "We hope that maybe he will have gotten inspired to come back.”

Mendes himself admits that, while he's unlikely to helm the 24th EON Production, he's tentatively interested in a future franchise entry.

“Bond movies, they need someone working on it now," Mendes himself explains. "...I’m doing my theatre projects and then I’ll work out... I’ve definitely left the door open though... I’ve never really repeated myself, done the same type of movie one after the other, so just give me a chance to think about what I actually want to say."

Skyfall earned an impressive $1.108 billion at the worldwide box office, of which $304.4 million came from domestic theaters and $804 million from overseas.

(Photo Credit: Lia Toby / WENN.com)





From Around the Web

comments powered by Disqus
Follow ComingSoon.net on Twitter
MOST ACTIVE
From our partners