Bethesda announced today that The Evil Within
, which was scheduled for an August release, has been pushed back to October 21st for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
"Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create," Bethesda said.
They added that if you pre-order the game, you'll receive "The Fighting Chance Pack," which includes:
– A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
– Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells
– A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
An Incendiary Agony Bolt
– Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
A Poison Agony Bolt
– Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The company also released the below players reaction video: