Probably the only category I never have any idea about at the Oscars is the Best Documentary Shorts. I don’t believe I have ever watched one, though in the last few years I have made a point to watch both the Animated and Live-Action shorts, which is something I’m glad I started doing and am sure I would enjoy watching the documentary shorts just as much, but availability can be an issue.
Voters from the Academy’s Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 31 eligible entries and this morning the Academy announced eight of the films that will be competing for three to five nominations at the 2013 Oscars. Of the eight I have managed to find trailers for five of them.
- The Education of Mohammad Hussein (Loki Films)
- Inocente (Shine Global, Inc.)
- Kings Point (Kings Point Documentary, Inc.)
- Mondays at Racine (Cynthia Wade Productions)
- Open Heart (Urban Landscapes Inc.)
- Paraiso (The Strangebird Company)
- The Perfect Fit (SDI Productions Ltd.)
- Redemption (Downtown Docs)
The four trailers are included below.