Take a first look at a strange new world with the reveal of a Star Trek Beyond alien!
Last week, Justin Lin’s Star Trek Beyond launched a unique philanthropic initiative in partnership with Omaze. Dubbed “Star Trek: To Boldly Go,” the campaign is designed to support the cast’s personal selections of nine global causes, each of which are set to receive equal portions of the funds raised when fans enter for a chance to win a walk-on role in the film. One week after the first video, writer/star Simon Pegg joins star Anton Yelchin for an update that, in addition to revealing the first winner, has revealed a behind-the-scenes look at a Star Trek Beyond alien! Check it out in the player below.
This week’s charity organization is Camp Sunshine, which provides respite, support, joy, and hope to children with life-threatening illnesses and their immediate families from around the world through the various stages of their journeys. The year-round program is free of charge to all families, and includes 24-hour onsite medical and psychosocial support. Camp Sunshine also provides bereavement sessions for families who have lost a child to supported illnesses.
For each $10 contribution made through the Omaze fundraising platform, eligible participants will be automatically entered for a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience and visit the set of the July 8, 2016 release.
The “Star Trek: To Boldly Go Grand Prize” winner and a guest will:
– Fly to Vancouver and stay in a 4-star hotel
– Go behind the scenes of Star Trek Beyond, hang with the cast, and experience the filming of the movie
– Be transformed by hair, makeup and costume teams into a Star Trek character and filmed for a scene in Star Trek Beyond
In addition to the Grand Prize Winner, six additional winners will be randomly selected throughout the campaign to form the honorary “Star Trek: To Boldly Go” crew. “Star Trek: To Boldly Go” is the first Omaze campaign to have winners every week.
The “Star Trek: To Boldly Go” Crew will:
– Visit the closed set and meet the cast of Star Trek Beyond
– Be among the first to see scenes from the latest film
– Travel to Vancouver
“Omaze is excited to bring this truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to Star Trek fans around the world,” said Ryan Cummins, Co-Founder and Co-CEO. “We are proud to give fans the chance to live out their dream experience while simultaneously helping nine great causes. By allowing anyone to enter for just $10, we are seeing the power our community has in making an impact around the world.”
By donating directly to Omaze/StarTrek, fans will be supporting these nine global causes:
– Brave Beginnings, an organization dedicated to ensuring that ventilators and life-saving neonatal equipment are always available to newborns in critical need. Nominated by Zoë Saldana.
– Camp Sunshine, a place where children with life-threatening illnesses and their families can regroup, reenergize, and restore hope for the future. Nominated by Anton Yelchin.
– Direct Relief International, one of the premiere disaster relief organizations that operates worldwide. Nominated by Zachary Quinto.
– Heaven Homes, an organization helping establish children’s homes and centers, while providing secure, safe and loving environments where children can be nurtured to realize their full potential. Nominated by Idris Elba.
– KidsCan, an organization that provides food, clothing and healthcare to disadvantaged youth in New Zealand. Nominated by Karl Urban.
– Koreatown Youth & Community Center, an organization serving the evolving needs of the Korean American population in the greater Los Angeles area as well as the multiethnic Koreatown community. Nominated by John Cho.
– Make-A-Wish, whose remarkable work is making wishes come true every day for children suffering from lifethreatening illnesses. Nominated by Chris Pine.
– Time is Precious, an organization helping to create a more comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for children, which in return helps assist with their treatment and recovery. Nominated by Simon Pegg.
– St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, an organization that is leading the way in advancing cures for childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Nominated by Susan Nimoy in honor of Leonard Nimoy.
In addition, fans who donate set amounts larger than $10 can receive special limited edition Star Trek rewards including t-shirts, posters, a cast-autographed red shirt, an advanced private screening of Star Trek Beyond, and a replica Captain’s chair.