Last week, it was announced that Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger would return for The Expendables 2 with expanded roles. Now, Sylvester Stallone confirms to EW that the long-rumored casting of Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme is also true. What’s more, the Face/Off pair of Nicolas Cage and John Travolta may be getting into the action as well.
Well have a big showdown between me and Van Damme,” Stallone told the outlet, “which has been anticipated for a long time, so it should be a good one.”
Co-written and directed by Stallone, the original Expendables also starred Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, David Zayas, Giselle Itie, Charisma Carpenter, Gary Daniels, Terry Crews and Mickey Rourke. For the second go-round, Simon West will be handling directing duties.
With production beginning next month in Bulgaria, Stallone is still finalizing plans about who will appear, though he hints that Cage is close to a lock and Travolta is bit more uncertain.
Its possible,” he said of the unconfirmed casting, “The one thing Ive learned is what is a fact on Monday is a complete fallacy on Tuesday. A lot of it is scheduling. Its not financial. Its just that Bulgaria is definitely a jaunt. Its a commitment, you know what I mean? Especially in the dead of winter.
The Expendables 2 is planning an August 17, 2012 release.
(Photo Credit: Nikki Nelson / News Pictures / Adriana M. Barraza / Ivan Nikolov / WENN.com)