Marvel Studio’s The Avengers has been in production for some time all across the country and, as Cleveland.com reports, the shoot is looking at wrapping up with a bang. The city’s East Ninth Street is in the process of being transformed into New York City’s 42nd Street for a major battle scene.
Written and directed by Joss Whedon, the ensemble stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Clark Gregg, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Tom Hiddleston and Stellan Skarsgård and should begin shooting in the faux-New York on August 15th.
“We have to keep people back a bit for safety reasons,” said executive producer Patty Whitcher at a press conference this morning, “There will be explosions. But [fans] will be able to see the actors and their favorite Avengers on the street during the filming… There will be six days of mayhem on this street with lots of explosions and car flipping.”
The official shooting schedule for the coming weeks is listed as follows:
– Filming on East Ninth Street from Euclid to Prospect avenues, Aug. 15 to Aug. 24.
– Filming on Euclid Avenue from East Sixth Street to East 12th Street, Aug. 22, through Sept. 2.
– Filming on Walnut Avenue from East Ninth Street to East 12th Street, Aug. 17 to Aug. 30.
– Filming on South Roadway at Superior Avenue and Ontario Street, Aug. 29.
– Filming on the Detroit-Superior (Veterans Memorial) Bridge at intermittent times in August. – Public Square in front of Tower City will be closed for filming.
The Avengers assemble in theaters on May 4, 2012.