Legendary Entertainment announced today that the company’s new website has gone live at Legendary.com and the company has outlined their various social media activities occurring throughout Comic-Con.
Today, Wednesday, July 20th, Legendary Entertainment, a leading media company with film, television and comics divisions, has re-launched its website and kicked-off a social media campaign designed to keep fans and filmmakers up to speed on the companys latest news and events. The website launch comes on the heels of Legendarys previous announcement marking the companys first-ever panel presence at this years San Diego Comic-Con.
o Legendary Pictures will host a Pre-production Preview panel featuring filmmakers and cast members from the upcoming Pacific Rim, Seventh Son, Paradise Lost, and Mass Effect from 12:45-1:45pm on Friday, July 22nd in room 6BCF.
o Legendary Comics will host their first-ever panel on Saturday, July 23rd from 2:00-3:00pm in the Indigo Ballroom at Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Fans can join Legendary Comics editor-in-chief Bob Schreck, the iconic writer and artist, Frank Miller, as well as some of the biggest names in comics as they unveil Legendarys initial slate of highly anticipated graphic novel releases.
· Legendary.com will include updates and information about the companys previous and upcoming releases from their films, comics and TV divisions including acquisitions, castings and other related news.
· The Legendary logo, which is based on the Celtic Knot, will be prominently displayed on the website. As the company gears up to release assets or other forms of news, the knot will lock. The knot will unlock four times during Comic-Con to reveal exclusive content from Legendary Pictures and Comics upcoming releases. The more people retweet this from the page or like it on Facebook, the faster the lock reveals happen.
· As part of the companys social media campaign, Legendary has also launched Twitter and Facebook accounts. Fans can follow Legendary on Twitter at https://twitter.com/legendarynews (@LegendaryNews), and on the companys Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/LegendaryEnt.
· In addition to a new website and social media initiatives launching at Comic-Con, Legendary Entertainment will also be offering loyal fans at the Con with two interactive mobile based games using SnapTag technology. PRIZES include: 10 iPad giveaways plus a GRAND PRIZE of an iPad2, $500 iTunes Giftcard, Legendary DVD collection, Two Frank Miller Holy Terror t-shirts, and one signed copy of Frank Miller’s Holy Terror.
HOW TO PLAY SNAP TAG:
The object for Comic-Con fans is to use their phone to snap and send as many as 500 unique Legendary SnapTags displayed on the lanyard badges of other show attendees. Those with the most snaps at the end win.
· GAME 1 “SNAPPEES CONTEST”: The first 500 people to visit the Legendary Pictures Booth (#4021) will get a special unique Legendary SnapTag badge. Get the most people to snap your badge and win the GRAND PRIZE!
· GAME 2 “SNAPPERS SWEEPSTAKES”: For anyone who snaps a Legendary badge, simply snap a badge with your camera, message it or email it as directed, provide your email address, and you will get one entry for every unique badge you snap and a chance to win 1 of 10 iPad2s.
HOW DO SNAPTAGS WORK?
A snaptag is an interactive logo based 2d mobile barcode and can work two ways:
1. Download the free SnapTag Reader app (via iTunes or Android app stores), and simply hover over the tag to activate.
2. Snap a photo of the SnapTag and send to 95871 or email to email@example.com.
About Legendary Entertainment
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film, television and comics divisions dedicated to owning, producing and delivering content to mainstream audiences with a targeted focus on the powerful fandom demographic. Through complete or joint ownership, Legendary is building a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world’s most popular intellectual property. Among the wholly-owned film projects that Legendary Entertainment is currently developing in-house are Pacific Rim, directed by Guillermo del Toro; an adaptation of the phenomenally successful interactive game universe Warcraft; Godzilla, based on Toho Companys famed character; Warren Ellis Gravel; and Mass Effect, based on Electronic Arts and BioWares hit videogame franchise. Legendary has co-produced more than 25 Warner Bros. films, including the recent smash hit, The Hangover Part II, which holds the distinction of posting the highest opening weekend gross ever for a comedy film, the critically acclaimed Inception, which has been a box office smash grossing more than $825 million worldwide, as well as the global blockbusters Clash of the Titans ($493 million worldwide), The Dark Knight ($1 billion worldwide), 300 ($456 million worldwide) and The Hangover ($467 million worldwide).
Follow Legendary on Twitter @LegendaryNews and visit the companys Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/LegendaryEnt.